edited October 2014 in ORK Support
Hi,

I've just started playing with Ork and been through the tutorial a couple of times. My problem comes from triggering a Turned-Based battle in 2D. I have a 2D interaction controller on my player and a 2d box collider on the battle object that has "is trigger" checked. But my player would just walk right through with nothing happening when the battle is set to trigger enter.

The thing is, if I change the battle to start as interact or keypress, the battle start event is triggered and everything works just fine. I've tried a bunch of combinations of colliders but the result is the same. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • You need a 2D collider on your player to be able to interact with other 2D collider/triggers. The Interaction Controller wont start them (unless it's directly added to the root object).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the quick response! It actually was the lack of rigidbody that was the problem. For future reference, it's not enough to have a collider & rigidbody attached to a child object of the player, but they also need to be on the player itself?