edited October 2014 in ORK Support
So I am looking for some ideas of how to implement my system for leveling up.

On level up you get X of points to apply to your Status Values (Brawn, Agility, etc...). To level up you need to gain 10 skill points in your Non-attribute status values (Longswords, Base Attack, Base Defense, etc...), but each of those can only be increased 5 points per level. So there is a formula based chance to gain a skill point based upon usage of the skill.

1) Is there a way to count up the total skill points in your non-attribute status values such that if level * 10 = total skill points then allow level up?
2) How would I go about distinguishing between the attribute based status values and the non-attributes status values?

So I know I am going to need to use some of the use-based skill improvement tutorial, but not sure about how to count only the skills I want counted.
Post edited by Aragon on
  • It would be helpful to know how you can get x points to apply to your status values on leveling up. : )
  • Spending points (i.e. Experience) to upgrade status values can be done in the Status Development you're using for your combatant. Add a Status Upgrade and define the costs and requirements for allowing the upgrade.

Using a system like explained in this gameplay tutorial is pretty easy - once you've set up the battle event for the mechanic, you can simply add this event to the skills that you want to use it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So Gil is there a function that will count the number of points in a specified list of status values?
  • I'd suggest using formulas for that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • GiL can you explain what this means?

"Using formulas

You can use formulas in the battle event to have different maximum counter based on the status value that will be changed. Simply select Formula as the float value type and select a formula using the status value (e.g. ATK * 10)."

The part I am not understanding is "different maximum counter".
  • Where did you take this from?
  • Well, that's a specific tip for this use case (i.e. custom status value leveling based on ability use).
    The maximum counter refers to the value the variable has to reach to increase a status value. The tutorial uses a fixed value (99), which can e.g. be replaced by a formula to make it depend on other things like status values.
  • Gotcha thanks