This is for GIL:

Do you have access to the new beta version of Unity 5? If so, how much work will be needed to make ORK compatible with 5?

I'm planning ahead to determine if I'll stop at 4.6 or move to 5 when it is released :)
  • No, I don't have access to it, I think only those who preordered it have it for now.

From what I've read about the Unity 5 features, I think ORK Framework should work out of the box with it.
    As long as they don't remove settings or change how something is handled (e.g. as it was with how to determine if a game object is active between Untiy 3 and 4), there wont be a thing stopping you from using ORK in Unity 5 :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Unfortunately, it does not work in Unity 5. When loading the first game scene, it throws an exception:

InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in ORKFramework.GameControlsSettings:AddPlayerComponents (ORKFramework.Combatant): IL_0000: nop

• Looks like the component functions (e.g. GetComponent) using the name wont work in Unity 5 any longer - I'll look into it and add some changes in the next update.

Anyone got a link to the scripting documentation of the current Unity 5 beta? Couldn't find it anywhere on the Unity website :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!