edited October 2014 in ORK Support
I feel like I'm missing something completely obvious about turn-based team battles, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. Can anyone point me to some resources or tutorials on team battles? Here are some of my problems: other than the leader of the active group, all other active party members are AI controlled. The combatant choice menu won't show up. Also the player control isn't blocked despite attempting to block it in both battle settings and battlestart events. Sorry to ask such a general question. I can't even figure out where to begin and it's killing me.
  • In your combatant setup, check under AI Settings and make sure "AI Controlled" isn't checked - that could be causing one of your issues. Huh, the part about the player control not being blocked tho', you've got me. I've had mine set in the Battle Settings to block control in "battle", with the battle menu box also checked, and that seems to be working fine. Were you trying to use one of the other options in the drop down?
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Yes, the AI Controlled was causing that problem. I didn't notice that it was checked on all combatants, though the group leader is never AI controlled in battle which led me thinking in the wrong direction. Thank you so much! Blocking control is set to "battle" in battle settings. Is the fact that player control is a custom control causing the problem? I can't imagine that's the case.
  • The custom control could be the problem, did you set it up in the game controls?
    See this how-to for details.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I did set it up according to the how-to. The thing is the custom control works perfectly fine during pause game and using block player control in regular events. It's just the battle events that seems to be the problem.
  • Can you send me a test Unity project?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!