edited January 2015 in ORK Support
It's my first time trying to do shortcut HUD, so I'm a little shabby, but after going through all the threads, I found some that are useful in setting up shortcuts.

But here's my problem. I have two ability, Right hand Attack and Left Hand attack. In my character's ability development, I set up both abilities to learn at lvl 1 and set up my combatant's base shortcuts to both abilities, one at index 0 and one at index 1.
I set up a HUD that will show both abilities in the HUD. So far so good.
When I hit play, my two abilities are in the shortcut HUD. Right hand attack at index 0 and Left Hand attack at index 1.
Since Right Hand Attack is also set as a base attack, when I click my attack key, the Right Hand Attack abilities HUD will show that the ability is being used.

Is there any way to make it so that when I click the Left Hand Attack shortcut HUD, that ability will become the attack that is being used whenever I click the attack key?
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • I think you can set up shortcuts so you can slide into them an ability you want to use. So if a shortcut is set up as your attack maybe you can just slide into it left hand or right hand? Just guessing.
  • It doesn't work :) But good thinking.
    My right hand attack is in index 0, and by dragging my left hand attack into the right hand attack, the index 0 is now the left hand attack, but when I hit attack, my right hand attack still play instead.
  • No, you can't use a shortcut to change the base attack, but you can use Control Maps to map the shortcuts to different keys, i.e. you'll need an input key for each one.

Hm, unless you use Variable Conditions in your control map keys and e.g. use a bool variable and an ability that will simply enable or disable the variable (based on the current state).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks! Using your advice, I created bool variables for the control maps keys and did some other stuffs and it work just as I intended it to. I appreciate it.
  • edited January 2015
    Sorry to bring up this old thread, GiL, but I have a question.
    When you said to enable or disable the variable base on the current state, how would you do it?
    Right now in my slot index 0 is the blue fireball and index 1 is the red fireball.
    In my control map, the blue fireball control map have a variable condition bool var blueFire set to true, and the red fireball have a bool var redFire set to true.
    Now that they both have a var condition, how would I enable or disable the vars when I click on the shortcut slot?

Thanks to the recently check shortcut node, I am able to map the shortcut 0 to the alpha 0 and the shortcut 1 to the alpha 1 key. Meaning whenever I press the alpha 0 key, it'll check to see what ability I currently have in the shortcut 0 (eg, if I have blue fireball on shortcut 0, it'll change my base attack to the blue fireball, but if I drag the red fireball ability to the slot 0, and I clicked the 0 key again, it'll switch to my red fireball as the base now.)
    It's just that I don't know how to do this via clicking on the shortcut slot too.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • You can change game variables in the events you use for your abilities.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Cool, I've now got it to what I envisioned.
    But something weird is going on. I have 5 shortcut slot. I brought up my abilities menu, and when I assigned an ability to the 5 slot, the moment the last slot is assigned to, all of my shortcut slot just disappeared except slot 0. I have no idea what could have cause this.
  • Do you assign using drag+drop or the sub-menu?
  • I assign by drag and drop. Clicked on an ability and drag it to the shortcut.
  • Ok, not happening here ... can you send me a stripped down test project?
  • Thanks - issue found and fixed in tomorrows update :)
  • Thanks a lot! You've worked hard.
    I'm curious. I can drag the ability from slot 1 to slot 2, but then that will just make the slot 1 and 2 have the same ability. Is it possible to swap them? Like If I drag slot 1 to 2, the ability from slot 2 will go to slot 1.
  • That's actually coming in todays update :)

The No Inner Assign setting for Shortcut HUD elements will be replaced with a choice to either keep the old slot, remove the old slot, swap old and new slot or prevent inner assigment.
  • Whoa, simply amazing! Keep it up, Gil.