edited November 2014 in ORK Support
Hi All,

I have had ORK for a while now, but only just started to work with it. I have been following the tutorials and forum posts for setting up a simple Mecanim system using the ORK controls. I figure learn that first before attempting to add my own controller. Baby steps... lol

I have the animations working and the player moves as expected but the animations don't loop. I have the animations themselves set to loop (run, walk, idle) but it plays and stops and I constantly need to re-press the movement key to start the animation again... Basically walk, pause walk pause. the character itself however, does keep moving just the animations keep pausing awaiting a new key press. Hmmm
Greed is not sustainable without elements of human suffering.
  • edited November 2014
    Hey p4. I have been having the same issue recently as I have been getting into animation. After two days of messing with this, I have found what I believe to be the problem. I was only using one animation for walk/run, make sure you have two in your Animator. Make sure you only have Any State-->--idle and that walk & run are not connected to any transitions.

Lastly, go into Combatants>Combatants - Animations & Movement Use Auto Animation should be checked, then check out your Minimum Run Speed and Run Speed Threshold. Make sure those two combined are equal to or less than your Movement Settings> Run Speed value. Also check that position change is checked in Movement Settings. Let me know where that gets you please.
    Post edited by Balive on
  • I checked all the settings that you suggested, and all was fine except for the "position change" setting. Which I have enabled. I was already using separate animations for walk and run.

Setting "position change" makes no difference.

I am wondering however, if using animations that were re-targeted to my character makes a difference. I believe it should not but just throwing that out there. All characters are Mixamo so I know they are all compatible with each other.
  • edited November 2014
    For me it was the run speed threshold and run speed settings. It wasn't playing the run animation because of the speed settings. So it would just play my walk animation and then stop.
    Post edited by Balive on
  • Hey p4, I fixed my problem.. Maybe this will help you also. In your Animator, set your walk animation and your run animation both to walk animation. Then go into Combatants>Combatants and set Minimum Run Speed to 1, Run Speed threshold to whatever you like but go to Walk Speed Settings AND Run Speed and set those values to what your Run Speed Threshold is set to. See if that gives you a smooth animation. If it does, then you had the same problem as me. It has to do with the animations playing based off of those values.
  • Ok cool... I'll give that a go and see what happens. Kinda buggin me. Bed now so will try it in the a.m.

Thanx
  • Yeah I have stressed out over this very issue, off and on, for the past few days. Let me know what you find out.
  • Disable Apply Root Motion on the Animator of your combatant's prefab.
    The CharacterController used for movement (if you're using ORK's controls) and root motion don't work well together :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • already disabled as it mentions that in the tutorials. Would IK affect anything as that is enabled on some motions but should not affect anything.
  • make sure your animations them self are set to loop. you can do that in the animation import settings.
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • p4martin, did you solve this issue?
  • Been away for a few days, Noticed an update so have setup new project to ensure no errors. I am playing with this again this weekend and report on progress.

Sorry for the late reply...