edited December 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small update this Friday - new stuff:
  • GUI System: New UI
    The new UI now also supports the Text Typing options of GUI boxes.
  • GUI System: New UI
    The new Layer setting will manage on which layer the UI canvas and other UI objects created by ORK will be placed at.
    Please note that the prefabs will still be placed on the layer they're set up to.
  • Save Games
    New system to support saving/loading custom data with ORK save games. Register a class implementing the ISaveData interface to the save game handler via ORK.SaveGame.RegisterCustomData - details will be found in a how-to.
  • Event System: Base Steps
    The new Add Combatant step adds a combatant to a game object (e.g. an actor). This is only done if the game object doesn't already have a combatant.
    Does pretty much the same as the Add Combatant component, only as an event step :)
  • Event System: Base Steps
    The Raycast Object step can now optionally use the mouse position for the target of a raycast when not using input.
  • Event System: Variable Steps
    The Raycast to Variable step can now optionally use the mouse position for the target of a raycast when not using input.
  • Abilities
    The new Hidden setting allows to hide an ability from the player.
    The ability wont be displayed in Ability and Ability Tree menu screen parts and in battle menus.
  • Items
    The new Hidden setting allows to hide an item from the player.
    The item wont be displayed in Inventory menu screen parts and battle menus. The item collector will still display it (otherwise you wouldn't be able to get it :D).
  • Combatants: Battle Settings
    The new Base Experience Factor setting is used to influence the experience a combatant gains from battle. A factor of 1 means 100 % exp, 2 is 200 % and 0.5 is 50 % (a value below 0 is not possible).
  • Classes, Combatants, Equipment, Abilities, Status Effects: Bonus Settings
    The new Experience Factor Bonus can be used to give bonuses to a combatant's experience factor. E.g. an accessory that gives a bonus of 1 (i.e. 100 %) while equipped.
  • Status Effects
    The new Stackable setting optionally allows applying a status effect multiple times (not recasting it for resetting/increasing their time).
    The effect can either be generally stackable (i.e. a combatant can apply it to a target multiple times), or only once per combatant (i.e. each combatant can only apply it once, but different combatants can apply it multiple times - if a combatant applies it a 2nd time, the recast mechanic will be used).
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2014
    Awesome, looking good.
    Custom data with ORK saves is also very welcome!
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited December 2014
    i will stick for the legacy UI as i heard that the new UI is buggy,

looking for experience multiplier features in bonus setting :)
    Post edited by Alex1234 on
  • Sweet work here GiL! The new Raycast to mouse position will be very helpful.
  • edited December 2014
    I have a problem after updating to Unity 4.6 and ORK 2.2.0 using Legacy graphics. My game works fine in the editor but when I build it on PC and get to the main scene, my player movement controls don't work. Is anyone else having a similar problem?
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • You updated to 2.2.1?
  • Catacomber's from the future, I tell ya. Your secret hath been reveal, buddy. Your slip is my gain. Now pass over that lottery ticket.

In another news,
    the Mouse raycast is nice. Will be very useful. Looking good so far, GiL.
  • edited December 2014
    Nice joke. : )

No. Edited my typo. Using 4.6 and Ork 2.2.0. Too much new stuff to juggle it all. : )

I read the new ui requires a camera in the scene, at least with a blank background and empty layer. My camera is on my player. I put a camera in the first scene with a blank background and empty layer and I still can't move when I build the game on PC. Only using PC because I wanted to make a video and I use Fraps.

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/804760/player-ui-freezes-when-rendering-to-render-texture.html

Everything works fine in the editor and on Mac where I haven't updated. : /

Unfortunately am going to have to update to 4.6 on Mac before Feb as Apple is going to require 64 bit starting then and Unity has promised to roll back their 64 bit support to 4.6 even tho they had planned it for 5.0.
  • edited December 2014
    Anyway, when I build my game again just to see how things go---using Mac iOS using Unity 4.5 whatever and ORK not the new gui, I'm fine. My player runs around and can move and everything is wonderful.

I do use a custom control but don't see why that might matter.

But building on PC with the new Unity 4.6 and the new ORK, I can't move. I don't think it's ORK's fault.

Has anybody tried to build a PC game with the new UI using either Legacy or the new UI and a custom control? Not just testing it in the editor? And using a custom control?

What goes into my PC build is the same as what goes into my Mac iOS build except I updated to 4.6 on PC etc and not on Mac. So what do I have to do to get it to work on PC? Not that I'm using PC but am really scared to update on Mac but I also really need to do that before February.

So hoping whatever solves my problem on PC will eventually solve my problem on Mac when I finally have to update on Mac and ios. May just hang out there for another month to see how things go.
  • Other new stuff:
    • Abilities
      The new Hidden setting allows to hide an ability from the player.
      The ability wont be displayed in Ability and Ability Tree menu screen parts and in battle menus.
    • Items
      The new Hidden setting allows to hide an item from the player.
      The item wont be displayed in Inventory menu screen parts and battle menus. The item collector will still display it (otherwise you wouldn't be able to get it :D).
    • Combatants: Battle Settings
      The new Base Experience Factor setting is used to influence the experience a combatant gains from battle. A factor of 1 means 100 % exp, 2 is 200 % and 0.5 is 50 % (a value below 0 is not possible).
    • Classes, Combatants, Equipment, Abilities, Status Effects: Bonus Settings
      The new Experience Factor Bonus can be used to give bonuses to a combatant's experience factor. E.g. an accessory that gives a bonus of 1 (i.e. 100 %) while equipped.

@Catacomber
    Did build tests on all supported platforms before the ORK 2.2.0 release and they all worked fine - so it's either some issue with your custom controls or with Unity 4.6 ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ooh, the hidden options are great to have for passive abilities.

Any chance of general equipment checks to make it in this update? http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/comment/6240#Comment_6240

Currently have to have each item grant a separate status effect so I can easily see if they're equipped with the item at the moment; would be great if I could cut all of that stuff out.
  • Great!!! I might consider it as a chrismas gift :D
  • edited December 2014
    I guess you're talking about the equipment steps in the event system? Because the status checks already allow checking if a weapon or armor is equipped, without checking a specific part (e.g. in the Check Status step).

@Alex1234
    You're welcome :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited December 2014
    Wait, really!? Hah, that's super embarrassing. I must have overlooked this somehow, I could have sworn there wasn't a general check for it. Maybe I was thinking for formulas or something. I'll double-check when I get home tonight.
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • edited December 2014
    @Gil--there was a problem with my custom control on the PC. : ) Switched it out to one I used before with no problem and everything is OK.

I also updated to Unity 4.6 now on my Mac and ORK Framework 2.2.0 and built it on my iPad mini and everything is working fine except the one issue you are looking into that has nothing to do with anything except that one issue. : )

I was really fearful of updating because my game is so far along but since you said you had no problems I trusted your experience and very happy because in February Apple will require 64 bit files and Unity will hopefully be updating 4.6 to be 64 bit. : )

Looking forward to the next update. Thanks for a beautiful product and all your good help.

Using Legacy graphics for now but just worked through a long tutorial on the new Unity GUI and I love it. It's the answer to making graphics readable across iOS platforms--very hard to balance otherwise. Looking forward to switching to the new gui asap. : )
  • @Catacomber
    As long as you keep a backup of your project before updating it to a new Unity versin, there's not much that can happen, since you can always roll back to an older version :)