edited January 2015 in ORK Scripting
Is it possible to fire a Game Event from a script?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Yes, but requires an already set up event component.
    Once you got the Event Interaction component, you can call the StartEvent function to start it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi All

I'm new here, and would greatly appreciate any elaboration on this topic.

Say I already set up a Game Event called "X.asset" in the ORK Framework interface. How do I get its Event Interaction component in a script? Anyone have any examples?

Sorry if this sounds stupid. On my part, I already set up the tutorial demo and scourged the forums/tutorials.
  • edited December 2015
    Gil's out of the office right now. He should be back in a few days. He's the best person to answer your question. Just be patient. Maybe someone else also knows and will help but he will. :)
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • steve said: Say I already set up a Game Event called "X.asset" in the ORK Framework interface. How do I get its Event Interaction component in a script? Anyone have any examples?
    - Create an Empty GameObject on your scene.

- Using Windows > ORK Scene Wizard

- Select Add Component > Event Interaction

- Drag GameEvent Asset to the Event Asset field on the Component then click OK.

- Select Start type E.g. Autostart when you need this Event run auto or none when you need to run this event via another Event or C# script

- If you design to call by C# script you can get Event Interaction Component on that GameObject and call StartEvent(GameObject startingObject) maybe something like this.

EventInteraction callEvent = gameObject.GetComponent<EventInteraction>();
    callEvent.StartEvent(gameObject);
    Playmaker and Behavior Designer Integration for ORK Famework
    http://www.gamekakkak.com
  • edited December 2015
    Thank you for helping out! You have a very useful product in the asset store.

http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/2672/on-pending-review-playmaker-action-for-ork-famework-in-asset-store

going to take a look at it. I've never used Playmaker before but I have it-- got it as a free Level 11 present and it's just been sitting there getting dusty.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Just got this to work, thanks so much tanohmz!!!