edited January 2015 in Announcements
Here it is: release notes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming end of next week:
  • Abilities, Items
    Status value changes of active abilities and items can now optionally check the user or target for Status Requirements and Variable Conditions.
    The change will only happen if the check is valid.
  • Status Effect Changes
    Changing status effects (e.g. with abilities, auto effects, etc.) can now optionally check the user or target for Status Requirements and Variable Conditions.
    The change will only happen if the check is valid.
  • Combatants: Battle Settings
    Automatically starting battles can now optionally check the user (enemy) or target (player) for Status Requirements and Variable Conditions.
    The auto battle will only start if the check is valid.
  • Combatants: Conditional Prefabs
    The new Use Spawned Scale setting will use the scale of the currently spawned prefab when changing prefabs. By default enabled.
  • Battle Events: Battle Steps
    The new Change Last Target step allows changing/removing the last targets of a combatant. This can influence things like the battle AI.
  • Formulas: Variable Steps
    The new Store Formula Value step stores the current formula value into a float game variable.
  • Text Input
    Text input fields can now optionally be used as password fields, masking the user's input with a '*'.
  • Music
    Music loops can now optionally check and set the PCM position instead of time.
  • Crafting Recipes
    You can now optionally use Status Requirements and Variable Conditions to determine if a combatant can use a recipe.
    If the combatant can use it, the Use Chance will determine if the creation is successfull.
  • Menu System: Crafting
    The new Info Only option for the crafting box will only display the recipe's information, not allowing it's creation.
  • Event System: Crafting Steps
    The new Can Use Recipe step checks if a combatant can use a selected crafting recipe.
  • Status Requirements
    The new Group Leader status check will be valid if the combatant is (or isn't, depending on your setting :D) the leader of his group.
  • Status Requirements
    The new Group Size status check will compare the size of the combatant's group to a defined value (e.g. less than 3).
  • Status Effects: Status Conditions
    Status conditions can now optionally play damage type animations when doing damage (i.e. negative status value changes).
  • GUI System: New UI
    You can now optionally keep the height of the used input prefabs (e.g. text input).
    Otherwise they'll be adjusted to the used font size of the GUI box.
  • Event System: Camera Steps
    The new Change Camera Options step allows changing various camera settings that can't be changed through the Change Fields step (e.g. culling mask).
  • Event System: Function Steps
    The new Set Object Layer and Check Object Layer steps allow changing and checking the layer of a game object.
  • Event System: Status Steps
    The new Change Defence Attribute step allows permanently changing a defence attribute of a combatant.
    E.g. if you have a Race defence attribute, you could change it from human to beast :)
  • Event System: Battle Steps
    The new Add Loot step allows adding items, weapons, armors and currency to the battle's loot.
    The new Add Experience Reward Step adds additional experience to the battle's gains.
  • Event Sytem: Function Steps
    The Mount Object step's placement options are now optional.
    Just disable Place Object and the game object will only be mounted to the parent instead of also being placed at it's position. E.g. useful for mounting to moving platforms, etc.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • These are are some nice features, particularly that Store Formula step and the Status Requirements! :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Yeah, the status requirements and variable conditions will allow a wide range of new mechanics, e.g. giving an extra boost status effect with a heal ability when a combatant has low HP.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the updates. : )
  • edited January 2015
    New stuff:
    • Crafting Recipes
      You can now optionally use Status Requirements and Variable Conditions to determine if a combatant can use a recipe.
      If the combatant can use it, the Use Chance will determine if the creation is successfull.
    • Menu System: Crafting
      The new Info Only option for the crafting box will only display the recipe's information, not allowing it's creation.
    • Event System: Crafting Steps
      The new Can Use Recipe step checks if a combatant can use a selected crafting recipe.

@Alex1234
    Not yet.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thanks so much for getting this in so quickly! :D
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Also coming:
    • Status Requirements
      The new Group Leader status check will be valid if the combatant is (or isn't, depending on your setting :D) the leader of his group.
    • Status Requirements
      The new Group Size status check will compare the size of the combatant's group to a defined value (e.g. less than 3).
    • Status Effects: Status Conditions
      Status conditions can now optionally play damage type animations when doing damage (i.e. negative status value changes).
    • GUI System: New UI
      You can now optionally keep the height of the used input prefabs (e.g. text input).
      Otherwise they'll be adjusted to the used font size of the GUI box.
  • The list goes on and on!!
    Thanks for your non-stop work GiL :)
  • And it still goes on :)
    • Event System: Camera Steps
      The new Change Camera Options step allows changing various camera settings that can't be changed through the Change Fields step (e.g. culling mask).
    • Event System: Function Steps
      The new Set Object Layer and Check Object Layer steps allow changing and checking the layer of a game object.
    • Event System: Status Steps
      The new Change Defence Attribute step allows permanently changing a defence attribute of a combatant.
      E.g. if you have a Race defence attribute, you could change it from human to beast :)
  • Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! : )

• Oooh, I could definitely use those Layer steps. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • LAYER STEPS AWW YEEEAH!

Thank you so much GiL,
    ORK,
    the gift that just keeps giving.
  • Thanks for your hard work GiL, looking forward to the next update :D
  • Release tomorrow:
      The new Add Loot step allows adding items, weapons, armors and currency to the battle's loot.
      The new Add Experience Reward Step adds additional experience to the battle's gains.
    • Event Sytem: Function Steps
      The Mount Object step's placement options are now optional.
      Just disable Place Object and the game object will only be mounted to the parent instead of also being placed at it's position. E.g. useful for mounting to moving platforms, etc.
  • Looking fantastic so far! Also, thanks for the mount object option step.