edited January 2015 in ORK Support
Hey @gamingislove. I am having a problem with game loads. During an event, I have dialogue running. I save my game at a specific point in dialogue. After I finish saving, I continue the dialogue event, then I decide to load the save I just made. When the game loads and screen fades, the current dialogue remains, and the dialogue event that starts at the beginning of that scene replays, overlapping that current dialogue.

The point where I saved at never comes up. Here is a video below:

The video didn't finish recording, but the end result can be found here:

Additionally, my game save titles are still showing an "Area -1 not found", even after I add an Area collider to the scene.
Post edited by Griffin on
  • Saving during events wont remember what event is running and which step it's currently at. If you want to allow saving at specific points in an event, you should split the event up into multiple smaller events, setting game variables before saving to remember which event should start next.

The area component will only set the area when the player steps into it - try using the Change Area step in your event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2015
    I would have to make an event for each dialogue? Damn. That's gonna be a lot of events!

I see the "Set Game Variable" option, but how should I prepare the variables?

Would it ever be possible in a future update to allow saving events that are running?
  • Set the game variable in the event before saving/calling the save menu.
    Saving running events is currently not planned.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2015
    @gamingislove Would it be a feature you could add if I were to commission for it? :D

This just became a very important feature for me. I'll likely do a Group Buy for it. C:
  • That would be possible :)