edited January 2014 in ORK Support
Hi Nicholas,

I'm trying to spawn a combatant in-game, depending on a game variable, but it looks like the Combatant Spawner doesn't care about my variable.
That might be a bug?

cheers
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited January 2014
    Can you give me some details on your settings (i.e. the variable condition)?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Here are my settings.
    The variable (Recrutable01) is initialized in the Event_Start event.

Any idea ?:)
  • Have you tried different Variable types to see if they also don't work? Does a Boolean (rather than float) work?
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • I've tried it and it works like expected.

When I set the float variable 'Recrutable01' to 1, the enemy spawns - when I don't set the variable or set it to some other value, the enemy doesn't spawn ...

Maybe check your event where you set the variable if it's spelled correctly and the correct type is selected?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • >> Have you tried different Variable types to see if they also don't work? Does a Boolean (rather than float) work?

Thank you Kirb, but after a few more tests it looks like the problem comes from my initialization, not from the variable condition. I thought actions in the Start-Event would be performed before the first scene load. I was wrong.
    I'm going to set up my variables in the main menu, and I suppose the problem will go away.

cheers
  • @gamingislove

Thank you! As I said, the problem comes from my initialization :)
  • Yeah, this can be quite tricky ...

You could also use an empty scene to set up your group and variables and load the other scene in the event.