edited January 2015 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, the next update is already in development - probably coming end of January.
  • Status Requirements
    Another one: the Inventory status check will check a combatant's inventory for a defined item, weapon, armor or currency. It either must or mustn't be in the inventory.
  • Menu Screens, Event System: Bestiary
    You can now optionally display the ok and cancel buttons in bestiary menu screens and the bestiary dialogue step.
  • Event System: Dialogue Steps
    A Choice type Show Dialogue step can now optionally check for Quest/Task Status Conditions and Status Requirements to determine if a choice will be displayed.
  • Event System: Active Group Steps
    The new Spawn Group Members step will spawn the other members of the active player group (or battle group) around the player. Requires the player to already be spawned in the scene.
    The new Destroy Group Members step will destroy all members (game objects) of the active player groups except the player.
  • Value Bars
    The new Hide Empty Bar setting will hide a value bar (e.g. status value bar) if the current value is the minimum value or below.
  • HUDs: Combatant, Turn Order
    The new Limit Bar Display settings allow optionally limiting the value range of a displayed status value bar. The value range is defined by a minimum and maximum value, either in percent or absolute values.
    This can be used to split status value bars, like having 2 HP bars, one from 0-50 %, one from 50-100 %. E.g. when figthing a massive boss with a huge amount of HP, you could give him multiple HP bars with this :)
  • Value Bars
    When using colors instead of images for your value bars, you can now optionally interpolate between the colors of different percent-ranges.
    E.g. if 100 % has green and 50 % has yellow, any filling between 100 and 50 % will be an interpolation between green and yellow.
  • Combatants: Death Settings
    Changing game variables upon a combatant's death can now also be done using object game variables on the combatant or the spawner using the new Variable Origin setting.
  • Abilities, Weapons, Armors
    The different levels of abilities, weapons and armors can now optionally override the description defined in the content information.
  • Abilities, Items
    The new Active Time Order Changes settings can optionally change the timebar of the targets in active time battles.
  • Crafting System
    Creating new items can now also be done by adding items, equipment and currency to a crafting list and using the first known crafting recipe matching the added ingredients.
  • Menu Screens
    The new Crafting List menu part will display the items currently in the crafting list and allows creating new items or clearing the list. Different creation modes can be used, e.g. Exact ingredients match requires the exact quantity of items as in the ingredients (i.e. recipe needs 2 potions, but 3 are added to the list > fail), while Multi will create as many items possible with the added ingredients (i.e. recipe needs 2 potions, 5 are added to the list > recipe is used 2 times). Unused items can optionally be consumed as well or returned to the inventory.
    Also supports drag+drop :)
  • Menu Screens: Sub Menus
    The new Crafting List sub-menu item will add a selected item, equipment or currency to the crafting list.
  • Event System: Crafting Steps
    The new Add Recipe Outcome step adds the outcome of a crafting recipe to a combatant's inventory.
    This doesn't consume the ingredients or checks for requirements or the crafting chance.
    The new Remove Needed Ingredients step removes the ingredients needed for a crafting recipe from a combatant's inventory.
  • Event System: Base/Function Steps
    The new Add Control Component step will add a defined component of a game object to the player or camera control list.
    The component will be enabled/disabled with the selected controls.
    The new Remove Control Component step will remove a defined component of a game object from the player/camera control list.
  • Menu Screens
    The Add Menu Part button list is finally sorted alphabetically :D
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
    The new Spawn Group Members step will spawn the other members of the active player group
    (or battle group) around the player. Requires the player to already be spawned in the scene.

Event System: Active Group Steps
    The new Destroy Group Members step will destroy all members (game objects) of the active player groups except the player.
    i assume this the solution to my problem :)

• Event System: Dialogue Steps
    A Choice type Show Dialogue step can now optionally check for Quest/Task Status Conditions and Status Requirements to determine if a choice will be displayed.
    This will be useful!
  • Looking good!
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • The inventory status step looks particularly helpful to me. : ) Nice update. Thanks!
  • edited January 2015
    Small but useful update to value bars, especially status value bars:
    • Value Bars
      The new Hide Empty Bar setting will hide a value bar (e.g. status value bar) if the current value is the minimum value or below.
    • HUDs: Combatant, Turn Order
      The new Limit Bar Display settings allow optionally limiting the value range of a displayed status value bar. The value range is defined by a minimum and maximum value, either in percent or absolute values.
      This can be used to split status value bars, like having 2 HP bars, one from 0-50 %, one from 50-100 %. E.g. when figthing a massive boss with a huge amount of HP, you could give him multiple HP bars with this :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • love that boss hp bar stuff thats great
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • Hah, that's great! I was actually just mulling in my mind how to deal with that Boss HP problem.
  • And another round of cool new featuers:
    • Value Bars
      When using colors instead of images for your value bars, you can now optionally interpolate between the colors of different percent-ranges.
      E.g. if 100 % has green and 50 % has yellow, any filling between 100 and 50 % will be an interpolation between green and yellow.
    • Combatants: Death Settings
      Changing game variables upon a combatant's death can now also be done using object game variables on the combatant or the spawner using the new Variable Origin setting.
    • Abilities, Weapons, Armors
      The different levels of abilities, weapons and armors can now optionally override the description defined in the content information.
    • Abilities, Items
      The new Active Time Order Changes settings can optionally change the timebar of the targets in active time battles.
  • edited January 2015
    Abilities, Weapons, Armors
    That is to say, we can have multiple descriptions depending on the level of the ability/weapon/armor? If so, that's great!
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • That's right - different descriptions for each level of an ability/equipment :)
  • edited January 2015
    Also coming, an update to crafting:
    • Crafting System
      Creating new items can now also be done by adding items, equipment and currency to a crafting list and using the first known crafting recipe matching the added ingredients.
    • Menu Screens
      The new Crafting List menu part will display the items currently in the crafting list and allows creating new items or clearing the list. Different creation modes can be used, e.g. Exact ingredients match requires the exact quantity of items as in the ingredients (i.e. recipe needs 2 potions, but 3 are added to the list > fail), while Multi will create as many items possible with the added ingredients (i.e. recipe needs 2 potions, 5 are added to the list > recipe is used 2 times). Unused items can optionally be consumed as well or returned to the inventory.
      Also supports drag+drop :)
    • Menu Screens: Sub Menus
      The new Crafting List sub-menu item will add a selected item, equipment or currency to the crafting list.
      The new Add Recipe Outcome step adds the outcome of a crafting recipe to a combatant's inventory.
      This doesn't consume the ingredients or checks for requirements or the crafting chance.
      The new Remove Needed Ingredients step removes the ingredients needed for a crafting recipe from a combatant's inventory.
  • Looking good! You're tempting me to put crafting to some degree in DG.
  • I like this crafting better...allows for experimentation!
  • I'm happy about all the updates but particularly the update to crafting! That made my eyes widen in awe.

I saw drag and drop crafting used in a recent game and I was so envious, in a nice way of course. : )

Thanks so much for all these updates and particularly the crafting recipe. I'll make you a particularly nice potion! : )
  • Small change to the new crafting stuff - you can now optionally also use all crafting recipes, learning unknown recipes if they're used successfully. The setting is made in the Crafting List menu settings, so it can be individually for each crafting menu if you want :)

Also coming in todays update (in a few hours):
      The new Add Control Component step will add a defined component of a game object to the player or camera control list.
      The component will be enabled/disabled with the selected controls.
      The new Remove Control Component step will remove a defined component of a game object from the player/camera control list.
    • Menu Screens
      The Add Menu Part button list is finally sorted alphabetically :D