edited March 2014 in ORK Support
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, that's why I didn't put it in the Report Bug Thread.
Enabling, disabling a component do nothing. Example, I am walking towards a rock and near the rock I activate an event that makes the rock invisible. The only problem is that I can't walk through it, even though it's invisible. I want to disable the Capsule Collider component on the rock, as that is the only thing stopping my character from going through.

I use the event step disable/enable component, but that does nothing to the capsule collider. I can remove the capsule collider with the REMOVE COMPONENT fine, but I don't want to do that, since that cause a problem with the collider going back to it's original size after I add it back in via event (the collider will go back to being so much bigger than the rock thus making it looks like there is an invisible impenetrable force surrounding the rock.)
Is it a bug or just my lack of knowledge?
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • I'll look into it - just to be sure, how did you enter the name of the component?

Also, have you tried deactivating the whole object using the Activate Object step?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think I may have actually run into this issue too; I figured it was a unity issue, since I seemed to remember there being weird issues with enabling and disabling colliders at one point.

As a workaround for the time being, I'd say doing what GiL is suggesting and make the Collider a child object, and then activate it and deactivate the object accordingly.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Well, for the component name, I put in CapsuleCollider. I tried again to disable it, but with no luck. Any luck on your side?

But thanks Kirby and GiL, for the workaround. I tried using the Activate Object step like you guys said, and it work as intended. I can now go through the invisible rock.
  • Jup, that's not working - but I already found a fix for it, will be in ORK 2.0.1 :)

Also, you could use the Change Fields step to set the collider's isTrigger bool field and make it passable this way.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2014
    Oh, you already found a fix for it? Simply amazing!

I have always wonder what the Change Fields step do, so it's something like this. Sweet.

I was curious, so I tried out the Change Fields Step annnnnnnnnnnd an error just pop out. I don't know what I did wrong, but the Change Fields step won't enable/disable the isTrigger box too XD
    Basically all I just do is put the component name as CapsuleCollider, Target is set to the rock, add a field and the field name is isTrigger(I tried IsTrigger also), field type is set to bool, and the bool value box is set to check( I also uncheck the box just to test it).
    Am I using the step right? Because when the event is trigger, an error just pop out saying the field CapsuleCollider: isTrigger(and IsTrigger) is not found.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • You're right ... seems like isTrigger is a property and not a field (although stated otherwise in the Unity docs) - I'll add support for that in ORK 2.0.1!
  • Excellent. Darn Unity docs XD
    Thanks GiL!