edited February 2014 in ORK Support
As the title stated, when a weapon/item is being put in the inventory, is there currently a way to remove the say weapon/item from the inventory after a certain time have pass?
Example: I use an item(log) and a weapon(torch) appear in my inventory. I got this part down. But after a certain time pass, I want the torch to be remove.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • You can do this using Global Events.

E.g. set a variable on item use (e.g. a float used as counter), create a game event that reduces the counter by 1 (and removes the item/weapon when it reaches 0).
    Now, all you need to do is set up an Auto type global event (World > Global Events) that executes the event every second as long as the variable is above 0 :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    Phew, easier say than done.
    I have to wrap my head around and around and around for 4 hours until it finally click on how to make the variable work in this instance XD
    But GiL, can you check if the REMOVE FROM INVENTORY step is working correctly? I did my global event so that when I use a log, it'll activate the global event and the float variable inside the event will go up a number each second and when it reaches a certain number, it'll check for my torch and remove it from the inventory. The problem is it's not removing my torch from the inventory at all. If I try to remove an item, it removes fine, but if I try to remove a weapon, it'll just ignore it.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • If you have the weapon equipped, you'd need to unequip it first :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ahh my shamefully mistake XD.
    Thanks GiL!