edited February 2014 in ORK Support
So I have quite likely done something (or not as the case may be) super dumb but I'm getting the following error whenever I click "Start Game" from the main menu.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick ()
ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick ()
ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update ()

I've set up the main menu stuff and it seems to be working OK. However, when I try to move to my first scene I just get the following error spammed in my console. I have a player prefab that I'm spawning with a StartEvent similar to the one in the tutorials.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Please send me your ORK project asset (found at Assets/ORK Framework/ORKProject.asset) and event assets to contact@orkframework.com.
    Without your settings, all I can do is speculate :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK, so like I said, it was bound to be something super dumb on my behalf.
    For the record, if anyone else sees this error it means you don't have a valid camera in the scene. I had chosen to use my own camera but and so removed the main camera from the scene, however I never actually then added my new camera ...
  • Good to know, I'll add a fix for the error in the next update - but still, without a camera, you wont see anything :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!