edited March 2015 in ORK Support
If you set an entire scene area to be Realtime, an ally NPCs never leave the battle state after they defeat an enemy. Keeps spamming message "(NPC) does Nothing" even when he isn't fighting and has won a fight. Any way to turn off his battle state. I tried adding a battle event "check" "if target is dead" after each attack but nothing I set after opponent death will stop the NPCs aggression. Basically I have guards patrolling a large area, sometimes they get into fights while patrolling, but stay aggressive even after target is dead.
Post edited by rpgee on
  • I used to have this problem and so don't use entire scene real time battle areas anymore. You can get rid of the Spam by taking that text out of the place where text is inserted in the editor. The place where you set up what text appears when the hero dies etc.

Maybe our real,time guardian angel will some time have a fix for this. :)
  • NPC combatants (enemy and ally) will always chose an action when in battle - in real time battles they don't have to wait for their turn or timebar to fill up.

You can add an AI timeout in the combatant's settings to force a wait time between AI action selections, and use a battle event to animate the None action (i.e. doing nothing).
    Also, disabling the notification for doing nothing in Battle System > Battle Texts might help you :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok thanks Cata and Gil,
    just making sure I am doing this right. I set this value and the text still spams:

I guess turning off the text is the only way right now.
  • edited March 2015
    Without using a Battle Event in the settings, the animation you've set up will not be used (since there is no event to play). Also, the event would need to have some wait time (e.g. waiting for an animation to be played, or a simple Wait step), otherwise the combatant will immediately be ready for the next action :)

Disabling the notification is probably the best option here.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2015
    Thanks, gave it a try, the player character does timeout for xx seconds, but returns to battle mode (spam text) after the "Wait" Battle Event is inserted. The main issue is the NPC never returns to their normal behavior after combat, they pace erratically in a small radius and ignore their waypoints. Disabling the notification solves the visual text spam, but the NPC still has issues with movement after battle. The way to get around this would be to have NPCs be able to use a "battle end" event such as "simpleVictory" which I do not think is currently possible? On another note I cannot use realtime trigger areas because the player controlled character needs to be inside the trigger box for the NPCs to fight each other, so from a distance they just bounce off each other doing nothing, until I get close.
    Post edited by rpgee on
  • Can you send me a small test Unity project with your setup to contact@orkframework.com?

Without adding a trigger to the real time battle areas, the real time battle will be for the whole scene - for NPCs to fight each other, there must be a battle running, this is also the case for real time battle areas. Without the player stepping inside the area, the battle isn't running.
  • Thanks, sent files over.
  • Hi Gil was wondering if you had a chance to look at the project, any suggestions, thanks.
  • edited March 2015
    Sorry, not yet - will be looking into test projects this week, before the next update :)

Edit: Ok, looked into it and found the issue, will be fixed in the next udpate.
  • great thanks a lot!
  • edited March 2015
    Hi GIL,
    quick question about 2.4.1 and the new features that solved this issue. When trying the battle object, the two NPCs run up to each other but do not exchange attacks. The Battle object has a large enough radius. AI controlled player and non controllable player is selected also.
    Thanks. Everything else seems to be looking great, nice job!

Edit, probably going to need a small tutorial I am stuck :) . I see the changes mentioned patch note and have it all setup, but i am failing somewhere. also are battle objects meant to act as spawners as well?

Post edited by rpgee on
  • edited March 2015
    Battle components spawn the combatants that will participate in the battle if set up in the Battle Start Event of that battle type (or overriding events).

If the NPCs don't fight each other, make sure that they're enemies to each other, and the battle range settings (Battle System > Battle Settings) is large enough for them to perform AI actions.