Greetings everyone!

I am totally new into Ork so I decided to run the tutorials. However I get a graphical issue rather soon once I am spawning my player in tutorial 3. The graphics on the player is borked and so becomes the ground around him.

What shall I do to get rid of this?

Using Unity 4.6.1 Free Edition

Thanks in advance!

I am sooo keen on doing all the tutorials so learn as much as possible :)
  • edited March 2015
    Also tried to download another prefab and created a new combatant with that prefab and then link that one to the event. And this results in the character falling through the world but the textures looks all good though.

If I drag out the new prefab manually on the scene it looks alright... however if I try to drag out the prefabs included in the tutorial manually then it looks weird regardless of which one I am trying to drag out of the prefabs.

Just some extra info in help of troubleshooting
    Post edited by thrilled on
  • Well got some things sorted.... I found a way to get brown paints to look normal by changing his shaders to legacy. Now he looks alright.. But the blob shadow camera still has the issues :( I have no clue how to solve that beside deactiving the blob shadow projector, but I really would like to follow the tutorial the way it is supposed to be. So any help with solving this would be much appreciated!
  • edited March 2015
    Re-import ork framework,there might be inconsistency in shader(toon ?). besides you're at tutorial 3 w/c doesn't hurt if you start again :)

it happened to me, and i did that maybe it will work for you too and i'm pretty confident it will.
    Post edited by Alex1234 on
  • Thanks alex! I will try that... however I was restless since it was so funny so I just deactivated the blob cam and continued the tutorial so now I have ALOT to redo if I do that so I will see where we go with it in the end :) If there are no quick fix around it then I think I will settle with it since it's after all a tutorial not a production game
  • ORK Framework requires Unity 5 since last Friday, so if you downloaded anything after that (demo, game tutorial resoruces), those have also been updated and will give you strange results when imported in Untiy 4.6 (if it's even possible).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2015
    Ahhhhh that explains it :)

Well I did indeed download the tutorial resources it on saturday. It isn't possible to get the "old version" of the tutorial available in some way?. Beside the things I mentioned above, everything else seems to work alright even if I am using 4.6.1.

The reason I am using 4.6.1 is that I have noticed that quite alot of functions in older assets doesn't run well on 5.0 :(

So for a total newbie it was a hassle since I am not that good when it comes to programming.. so tools like yours and playmaker and and other assets might be the saviour of me...which leads me to testing ORK to see if it will suit me... which sofar has exceeded my expectations :) Gonna run the tutorials first and then see if I can apply the framework on my first project.

Thanks for the answers!
    Post edited by thrilled on
  • edited March 2015
    Question on Unity5... I imported the demo/thttp://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/1657/weird-graphics-on-combatants-in-tutorial-/p1?post=#utorial. It seems to load up just fine, but the blend files don't seem to be accepted. It has no models and animation when I check the files out.

Is anyone else having such issues?

Edit; Nevermind. I'm an idiot. I didn't have Blender installed on this machine. It's been a while since I've played around in Unity.
    Post edited by Kale on
  • That's strange - usually having blender installed or not shouldn't affect the display in Unity :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2015
    Requirements

You need to have Blender version 2.60 or later (in some earlier versions of Blender the FBX export was broken).
    I think Unity uses Blender's own converter for it. Not really sure though. There is an error that pops up, saying that it can't find blender. But since it's been a while, and it's a different computer, the screen isn't how I normally have it set up, so I completely missed it.

I did install Blender afterwards and it is completely fine now.

EDIT: This part is kind of confusing though....
    Unity natively imports Blender files. This works under the hood by using the Blender FBX exporter, which was added to Blender in version 2.45.
    Natively, I would think implies that it does it on it's own, but I don't know. Whatever.
    Post edited by Kale on
  • Well, the error isn't really an error - it's just a warning and doesn't really hurt :)
  • I'm pretty sure it's a red error. But I can't recall for sure now, since I have blender installed and it won't pop up anymore. But in anycase, having blender installed resolved it.