edited March 2015 in ORK Support
I saw that someone had posted this earlier, but that it had somehow fixed itself.

My mecanim character used to play his attack animation, but now does not, since the upgrade to Unity 5/Ork 2.4.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Cheers!

chainsaw
Post edited by chainsawpenguin on
  • have no idea why it happens try toggling it on and off while you are playing the game in animator just click the button it seems to have fix for me not sure if that was the problem
  • and creating a new mecainm animator and redoing your animation set in ork delete the old one i did that also
  • ORK is still just playing the animations (or setting parameters), based on your setup in the animation settings.
    Since there have been some new things in Mecanim with Unity 5, I'd recommend checking your animator stuff again :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2015
    Hullo, team!

I just wanted to update this post to note that I figured this out. Apparently, for some reason I need a short Wait step before turning on the animation trigger for "attack". At this point, I honestly can't remember if the attack animation was playing before the upgrade to 5.0 or not, but I am sure that if I don't have the Wait step before the Combatant Animation -> Play Attack step, the attack animation doesn't play. This wait must also have at least *some* time (it's currently set to 0.1 sec), because if it's set to 0 seconds, the attack animation again does not play.

I'll update this thread if I learn anything more about this!

Cheers!

chainsaw
    Post edited by chainsawpenguin on
  • Are you using the Play option for the attack animation or transitions (i.e. setting parameters)?
    If you're setting parameters, it's possible that you don't have a transition from whatever state the animator currently has to the attack animation (e.g. from run). Try adding a transition from any state to the attack.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Morning, GIL!

I did check that, and I do have the transition from ANY STATE to ATTACK. I am playing around with it. I may put one explicitly from RUN to ATTACK with the attack trigger, and see if that resolves it (though the ANY STATE is supposed to handle that, right?).

I'll keep you posted.
  • Yeah, a transition from the Any state should usually get this going. Can still be something wrong with the transition setup or other things - mecanim can be tricky :)
  • Had the exact same issue using realtime battle. chainsawpenguin's advice solved the issue. Adding a wait step before the combatant animation also fixed this for me.