edited March 2015 in ORK Support
In "Base/Control -> Game Controls -> Player Controls" I have checked Sprint and Jump and assigned the keys. On the "PlayerCharacter Prefab(Clone)" object both are activated too and yet pressing the sprint key does nothing and the jump key causes this error:

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ORKFramework.Behaviours.ButtonPlayerController.UpdateSmoothedMovementDirection ()
ORKFramework.Behaviours.ButtonPlayerController.Update ()"

I have updated today to Unity 5 and ORK 2.4.0.
Post edited by Kashrlyyk on
  • Make sure you have a Character Controller on your player.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have a Character Controller on my "PlayerCharacter Prefab". When I load the save file a "Button Player Controller (Script)" is added to the prefab clone object and in that script "Jump" and "Sprint" are activated but they don't work.
  • Working fine here, please check your settings again (also the input keys you're using).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I had to activate "Use Combatant Speed" no idea why. The description also gives no clue that you have to activate it to get jumping and sprinting to work.
  • Oh, ok - I'm also getting the error when I disable that setting :)
    Will fix that in the next update!
  • edited May 2015
    My question is related to Sprint and Jumping.

I've setup the actions properly, my character can sprint and jump, EDIT: I am using ORK and no custom script atm. If a custom script is required please let me know.

however if I wanted these actions to consume Stamina (a status value i've made) how can I go about this?

I see the default consume energy settings however I cannot choose which value to consume of mine.

Any ideas?

Thank you :)
    Post edited by artainx on
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • Currently not possible. The built-in controls are only for demonstration purposes, if you need more complex controls, you'll need to use custom scripts.
  • I had to activate "Use Combatant Speed" no idea why. The description also gives no clue that you have to activate it to get jumping and sprinting to work.
    I've faced the same issue, thanks for the help!
    Will fix that in the next update!
    Looks like still no fix in ORK 2.14.4