edited March 2015 in ORK Support
Hi guyz! ;D

Well, this is a nooby question, I noticed that ORK puts a "Combatant Component" component on the player object. I never noticed this tell just recently because it was causing my mecanim animation to twitch so I turned it off. Now, is this "Combatant Component" component going to blow up my game if I don't turn it back on? I was still able to enter Active Time BS without it on... can someone please tell me what this does and why do I need it on, please... thanks
  • Yes, disabling it can lead to things not working. The Combatant Component is used to link the game object to the actual combatant (stats, etc.) - without it, you wont be able to access the combatant of a game object (e.g. in game events).

I don't know how it could cause problems with mecanim animations, it's just a regular component that doesn't do much more than holding some data :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi GiL! I found out what was causing this issue with mecanim animation twitching. It was the Apply Root Motion that was causing it to twitch when it is turned on/checked. So the Apply Root Motion seems to be causing multiple issues with Animations and with post "Mecanim in Unity 5" topic.