edited April 2015 in ORK Support
I have a slight issue and cant figure this out. What im trying to do is have a monster chase you when player is within perspective range view and within certain range from the player it will trigger active battle system. But, I dont want the battle to trigger when player gets too close to monster when not in monsters view such as player is behind monster. I am using "Add Combatant" component in monster object to call the battle. As to my understanding, In combatant/Move AIs/ framework in Hunt AI, Enemy Detection and Move Detection doesn't call the battle when combatant is within range of target. All it does is chase the target when within defined range and angle settings. However, in framework Combatants, Combatants/Battle Settings when Auto Start Battles is check does calls the battle when combatant is within range of the player. But What I need is the combatant to trigger a battle when combatant is within range defined range in Battle Start Range under Battle Settings and target be within defined angle in Angel Settings in Move AIs/Move Detection.

Heres what i did to attempt to do what I need. I have a combatant's Battle Settings/ Auto Start Battle Settings checked Auto Start Battles box and have Battle Start Range set to 5, 0 Threshold, checked ignore Y distance, and toggled the No Combatant Radius on/off and no Use requirements. Then in the Move AI's/Hunt, I have Both Enemy Detection and Move Detection have the same Range Value both ignoring Y distance, Toggled on/off No Combatant Radius and Angle set to 180 in Angle Settings. For the tests, I have monster chasing me when im within range of 15 an within 180 degree range view and heres the problem, the above setup triggers battle when player is within combatants radius range of 5. So, doesn't matter if im not within the angle range from Move AI settings such as not within view of the combatant but triggers battle anyway when player gets too close to combatant regardless if player is approaching combatant from behind. What I need is combatant to trigger battle only when player is within range angle of the combatant and within Battle Start Range defined which is 5. I toggled with "No Combatant Radius" multiple times in Battle Settings and Enemy Detection/Move Detection but with no luck. Battle still triggered when player is within range of 5 from the combatant no matter which direction player approaches combatant. I need the battle to trigger only when player is in front of the combatant if player is within define range of 5. Any idea how I can achieve this or is not currently possible?
  • There's currently no built-in way for that. The move AI only chases the target, the battle start range only starts the battle.
    But it's a good idea, will look into adding angle settings similar to the move AI for battle start range :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Well, thanks GiL. I can finally stop trying to make it work when its not possible then, LoL. Anyhow, in that note, once you implement it, would it be possible to make something like attaching the angle to a head of a combatant so that way a combatant's head angle view will trigger the battle? I wanna make a combatant rotate his head making it like a realistic patrol combatant. Sounds like a really good idea =).
  • you can do that with a simple script that uses the animator look at function
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames