edited February 2014 in Announcements
See the full release notes.

-----------------------------------

So, what's coming in 2.0.3?
  • Abilities, Items
    Until now, an ability could change the turn order of Turn Based battles - that's now also possible with items.
    And both can completely remove a combatant from the turn order (for the current turn), i.e. the combatant will skip the turn :)
    Additionally, changing/removing will now also happen with already added actions.
  • Menu Screens: Equipment
    Highlighting the Unequip button will now also display a preview of the status changes.
  • GUI Editor
    The new WYSIWYG editor will allow editing HUDs!
    Currently working on that one :)
  • Status Effects
    A status effect can optionally let the combatant perform an action when it ends.
    The action will be performed the next time the combatant can choose an action.
  • Turn Order HUD
    Finally, displays the turn order of Turn Based battles!
    The HUD elements are the same as the ones for Combatant type HUDs.
  • Status Effects
    Status effects can now optionally grant immunity to turn order changes and being removed from a turn (Turn Based battles).
    Both immunities are set separately.
  • Editor
    Updating events when saving and scanning for game variables can now be limited to a defined folder (and it's sub-folders) for better performance.
  • Navigation HUDs
    Navigation HUD elements can now also display background images (don't know why I hadn't implemented it ...).
  • Not Controllable Combatants
    You can set AI Controlled combatants to be Not Controllable by the player.
    If those combatants are part of the player group, you can't switch the player to them by using the player change keys.
    When they're selected through the event system they'll still be able to receive control.
  • Languages
    The new Initial Language setting lets you define a language to be the initially selected language when starting a game.
More as it's coming in :)

On a side note - ORK Framework is now also available on the Unity Asset Store!
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sounds great - looking forward to seeing the WYSIWYG HUD editor in action! :)
  • I've got a good feeling about this update. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Sounds great! I'm a bit confused with the new Status Effect feature. Can someone explain it a bit more? I mean, what are some uses you can get out of it? :D
  • @Griffin
    They've been a request by someone ... the general idea is to let a combatant use an action (e.g. ability or item) when a status effect ends.
    In the current setup, when the status effect ends it will set the next action for a combatant, and the combatant will use this action the next time he can choose an action. So, it's some kind of override for the AI (or player) to enforce an action :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    Ooooh I see. That's a pretty crafty way of doing it!
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • New stuff:
    • Turn Order HUD
      Finally, displays the turn order of Turn Based battles!
      The HUD elements are the same as the ones for Combatant type HUDs.
    • Status Effects
      Status effects can now optionally grant immunity to turn order changes and being removed from a turn (Turn Based battles).
      Both immunities are set separately.
    • Editor
      Updating events when saving and scanning for game variables can now be limited to a defined folder (and it's sub-folders) for better performance.
  • Turn Order HUD awesomeness!
  • Nice! I always really love when RPGs show the turn order as a visual element. Also that variable optimization should be nice.

Any chance that the 'Attack with' > 'Equipment Part' option for Control maps or Always Active damage dealers will make it into 2.0.3, GiL? (Or that Menu Screen Part change keys thing we were talking about earlier!)

Loving the progress!
  • The screen part change keys have been in there since ORK Framework 2.0.1 :)

I don't think the other two will make it into this update, I'm actually only focusing on the WYSIWYG editor for HUDs and will release it afterwards ...
  • Wait, it's been in there already!? Sorry, I didn't even realize, I'll check that out right now.

Sounds good, mostly wanted to double-check and make sure they were still coming! :D

• looking good!
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • edited February 2014
    The WYSIWYG HUD editor is coming along good :)
    Other new stuff:
    • Navigation HUDs
      Navigation HUD elements can now also display background images (don't know why I hadn't implemented it ...).
    • Not Controllable Combatants
      You can set AI Controlled combatants to be Not Controllable by the player.
      If those combatants are part of the player group, you can't switch the player to them by using the player change keys.
      When they're selected through the event system they'll still be able to receive control.
    • Languages
      The new Initial Language setting lets you define a language to be the initially selected language when starting a game.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • so what this WYSIWYG HUD looks like?
  • edited February 2014
    Like what the WYSIWYG GUI editor already looks like, I'd imagine.

Nice, I'm guessing the Not Controllable combatants are non-controllable pet/summon purposes, certainly makes that easier! Language option is a nice little addition too, I think I'll be taking advantage of it.
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • ORK Framework 2.0.3 is nearly done and will be released tomorrow :)

New stuff:
    • Combatant HUDs
      Status effects can now use multiple labels to create a more complex effect info display.
      And you can display the remaining time/turns of a status effect using the new text codes %2 (displays with 2 decimals), %1 (1 decimal) and % (without decimals). Remaining turns will always be displayed without decimals :)
    • Tooltip HUDs
      You can now display tooltips when hovering over status effects in a HUD.
    • Damage Dealers
      The new Environmental Damage settings allow a damage dealer to be Always On. They will always do damage (a selected ability) and don't need to be activated through actions.
      The damage dealer still requires a combatant, which can be either set up in the damage dealer directly, or uses an already attached Combatant Component (e.g. when used on a spawned combatant).
      You can use this for traps, hazardous areas or contact damage (e.g. running into an enemy).