• That's most likely coming from the fact that the HUD is created for the initial game object, before it's replaced by the one created by UMA. The initial object is no longer visible, i.e. the HUD will not be visible.
    @gamingislove - Is this something that you can easily adjust to allow for an individual HUD to work with a UMA? ;-)
  • @matzart
    Will be fixed in the next update (this week).

@Keldryn
    I'll look into it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2017
    Menus -> HUDs -> Status Element Type "Actions Per Turn" -> Use Bar check -> Bar Image is not showing. If "Use Empty Bar" is checked, then Empty Bar Image is shown instead.
    "Invert Used Actions" is not checked.
    Post edited by Ondatr on
  • @Ondatr
    Showing fine on my end, make sure the foldout is extended.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry, I don't fully understand what does "foldout is extended" means.

The issue is not about sizes of UI boxes. I copied exactly same HUD, just showing move range, and it is working ok.
    It is not about images, the HUD behavior is the same with color bars.
    It's even not about my current project or Unity UI, the bug remains on my finished tutorial project, which is built with legacy GUI.

In addition, if I check "Invert Used Actions", then Bar Image is shown, but then Empty Bar Image is not shown.
    If I uncheck "Use Bar", then the number values are fine, except "Used Action" value is always zero. But with "Invert Used Actions" checked, "Remaining Actions" value is always zero. Described above is turn-based active mode.
    Quickly checked turn-based classic mode: numbers are fine, images are messed up, but in a different way.

Would you prefer to look at my project or struggle with more of my broken English explanations? :) If former, then tell me the best way to send you my project.
  • This sounds more like your actions per turn not being set up correctly. What's your setup there?
  • Actions per turn setup:

http://imgur.com/a/R3p91

Turn-based grid battle, mode active.

But, again, the same issue is happening on another project - completed ORK game tutorial, I changed nothing, just added Actions Per Turn to my HUD.
  • Ok, I've just downloaded ORKDemo.zip for the testing purposes.

The issue is there also.

All I've changed in ORKDemo was removing introducing event from Field scene and changing actions per turn from 1 to 3. Anyway, with 1 action per turn the issue is still there.

In short, the bug is that the Bar of Actions Per Turn HUD is showing used Actions Per Turn and only during an action not for the whole combatant turn.

Unintentional slow motion:

• edited August 2017
    Is the text code (for things like descriptions of abilities) supposed to show the result when you accept the edit? I thought it used to.
    Post edited by robahouston on
    You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • edited September 2017
    It seems like in the latest update I am unable to place any of my UI above the ORK screen fader like I used to be able to, regardless of the sort order I place on my canvas.

In my specific example, I am enabling an animated image (a loading animation) on my canvas whenever the screen fader is at alpha 1. It shows that the image is enabled, but it appears behind the screen fader unless I pause the game and manipulate the sort order of my canvas (lower or higher number doesn't matter, I just need to manipulate it).

I am using Unity 2017 and Ork 2.13.2

(EDIT: Temporarily fixed by setting the sort order at load in a script, but it still seems like a bug maybe worth looking at)
    Post edited by braytendo on
  • Another issue with the screen fader is that my pause menu can still be called while the screen is fading in and it appears behind it. Not sure if there's a setting related to that or not.
  • Is the loading image shown by ORK or your custom code?
    As for the pause menu - you'll have to set the GUI box of the menu to a GUI layer above the screen fader.
  • edited September 2017
    Hi I have come across a bug in the event nodes it only effects 13.0.0 and above if you use #text.colorN# and the closing part #<color drops onto another line in the editor then the colour doesn’t reset in game it just prints #<color to screen. I’ve tested it and it doesn’t effect ork 12.0.0 and below.
    Post edited by jonjaydee on
  • @jonjaydee
    Not happening on my end - might be a wrongly used text code between those 2 that causes this. Do you get any message in the Unity console, or can you post your text?
  • I just tried to create a test project to show the error (my current is to big to send) I can some times recreate the error and not others so it isn’t what I originally thought that is causing it. It has only happened since the update, most of my text still works after the update just certain dialogues show incorrectly (all worked before update and now f I roll back and open a backup from before it still looks correct)

I will keep testing and see if I can find out what is causing it and get back to you.