• Sorry missed the message. It's 12 x28 cells.
  • @gamingislove, is the close all dialogues update available?
  • @Whatexists
    Not yet, that'll be in ORK 2.26.0, will probably be released mid to end of July.
    I can send you a beta version if you send me your order/invoice number to contact@orkframework.com - but it's a beta and might have some bugs, so I wouldn't recommend to use it in a production version of your game :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2019
    @gamingislove
    Alright. We might have to risk it. Our deadline for finishing and uploading the production version of the game is mid July.
    Our current problem is that we have parts of our conversation interface that overlap the main dialogue box on a higher gui layer and should only be closed when the main dialogue box is closed. If they're set to "not controllable" they will not close if you end the dialogue event halfway through by loading a new scene, but if they're not set to "not controllable" (and we just hide their 'okay/cancel' buttons) then, if you open the escape menu and then close it, they will get closed by pressing enter before the main dialogue box is closed.

EDIT: can you think of any workarounds?

EDIT: nvm, I solved the problem by switching all of the dialogues in question to HUDs.
    Post edited by Whatexists on
  • SK1SK1
    edited August 2019

After turning off Unity2019.1 and then turning it on, it suddenly becomes like this. It is still like upgrading to 2019.2. How should I solve this bug?

The character can't control, the camera doesn't work
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • @SK1
    If you previously updated from a Unity version without nested prefabs (I think it was available in Unity 2018.3), I'd recommend checking your prefabs if a game object or component is disabled.

The warning says that the CharacterController component on your game object (probably the player) is disabled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2019
    @gamingislove
    GUI Layouts-Colomn Layout Settings seems to be broken.
    The same setting is no problem in ORK Framework 2.25.2
    But all stacked together in ORK Framework 2.26.0

My Setting
    https://i.imgur.com/JZey3Wf.jpg
    Result
    https://i.imgur.com/JT33LhP.jpg
    Post edited by zmaxz on
  • @gamingislove
    Build with Unity2019.3.0b1 and get some errors!!
    https://i.imgur.com/d6tNU7K.png
  • @zmaxz
    There's no support for Unity beta versions.
    Are the GUI layout issues also in Unity 2019.3?
  • edited August 2019
    @gamingislove
    gamingislove said: Are the GUI layout issues also in Unity 2019.3?
    Yes!!the same problem .
    --------------------------------------------------

But this happened in Unity 2019.2.1f1
    zmaxz said: GUI Layouts-Colomn Layout Settings seems to be broken.
    The same setting is no problem in ORK Framework 2.25.2
    But all stacked together in ORK Framework 2.26.0

My Setting
    https://i.imgur.com/JZey3Wf.jpg
    Result
    https://i.imgur.com/JT33LhP.jpg
    Post edited by zmaxz on
  • edited August 2019
    Hmmm, I'm trying to update project from Unity 2017 to Unity 2018.4lts
    And I'm experiencing some issues that occur sometimes.

For example first time I added "Add Combatant" component to a gameobject I got bunch of these errors:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.DataHandler.Get[T] () (at <b6f0fcc75aac414983731c74361041cc>:0)
    ORKFramework.ORK.get_Factions () (at <ca7a6068121b42cf8b4b24753d99b6bf>:0)
    AddCombatantInspector.ShowSettings (ORKFramework.Behaviours.AddCombatant target) (at <7f08bb2cf4af40e99b82442cefac07b3>:0)
    AddCombatantInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at <7f08bb2cf4af40e99b82442cefac07b3>:0)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DoOnInspectorGUI (System.Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, UnityEditor.Editor editor, System.Boolean wasVisible, UnityEngine.Rect& contentRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1625)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

This happens when I right click in Game Event Editor (Grid goes funky)

Before that whenever I tried to open Ork Framework window it would be blank and I'd get these:

ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    ORKFramework.Formulas.Steps.FormulaStepHelper.AddFromAssembly (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Type,ORKFramework.NodeInfo]& list) (at <558aec7196024f96b0d72c5b331f8682>:0)
    ORKFramework.Formulas.Steps.FormulaStepHelper.GetSteps () (at <558aec7196024f96b0d72c5b331f8682>:0)
    ORKFramework.Editor.FormulasTab..ctor () (at <2f98e31a42604a1286bac47c040e5124>:0)
    ORKFramework.Editor.GameSection..ctor () (at <2f98e31a42604a1286bac47c040e5124>:0)
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at <2f98e31a42604a1286bac47c040e5124>:0)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRChainBuilder.cs:238)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.DrawChain (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:66)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:54)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:72)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:637)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:240)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:78)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

But it went away after a few Unity restarts.

Is there anything I need to do like reimport something? I did reimport Unity 2018 version downloaded Ork Framework from asset store (Then build ORK DLL from source code inside).
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • @zmaxz
    Found the issue and will be fixed in the next update.
    I'll potentially release a small bugfix update within the next days.

@hellwalker
    Make sure you're actually using ORK for Unity 2018 - in the ORK editor in Editor > About the version should include for Unity 2018.
  • It says 2018/2019

The grid visual artifact happens if I import ORK into a blank project too, but the other errors don't. The errors usually happen when I try to use something for the first time, it's like components have trouble accessing ORK data, but after a Unity restart they work. Strange, almost like some cache behavior?
  • Hmm, there seems to be another grid painting bug. If I have all the grid preview options on, so grid shows up even when I deselect grid object. Then I hit generate grid and then I click Ctrl+Z to undo, the grid will sometimes show two copies of the grid. I think one is "before" undo grid cache, and one is an actual grid preview.

The only way I can turn off this shadow grid copy is to change the scene or restart unity. It gets stuck in one iteration and does not change if I re-generate grid.
  • I'll look into it.