• @zmaxz
    Will be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Using ORK 2.29.2 and Unity 2019.4.1f1 (long term support). Very much like HellWalker wrote, you can no longer fold/unfold the sections of the ORK Editor. You have to either open or close all of them with the Open/Close buttons in the upper right of the window. This is a big issue since, when you have a lot of stuff in a section, Unity starts to be very slow.
  • edited June 2020
    Hello.
    Thank you for Update.
    I am excited that it is becoming more and more convenient.
    I especially look forward to the Access Handler.
    I report some issues below.

environment
    2019.4.1f1
    ork 2.29.2
    MacOS 10.15.5

1. HUDs Combatants -> Status Effect -> Status Element X are displayed in GUI Editor, but are no longer displayed during the game. (It was displayed in the previous version)
    Other labels (e.g. Type=information) are displayed normally.
    →sorry.
    The reason for StatusEffect in 1 is that StatusEffect is Hidden...
    The issue of 2 disappeared by returning to Unity 2019.3.12f1.
    However, due to a bug in Unity, there is a bug around Layer Weight of Animator in 2019.3, and in this version the character is buried in the ground...

2. While playing with UnityEditor, I can not see Debug because I can see only Basic Information because Open/Close All of the combatant component of the inspector and the expanding triangle do not work
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • I'll look into the foldout issue, seems like it's an issue that appeared in the Unity 2019.3.14 or .15 update.
    I'm using regular Unity editor functionality here, so not sure if there's something wrong on my end.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It's definitely a Unity issue - seems like using custom GUI skins for the foldout leads to issues with the clickable area. For now, disabling Pretty Foldouts in Editor > Editor Settings will prevent the issue (at least in the ORK editor).

Next update will add a fix for this, and hopefully Unity will also fix that :)
  • edited June 2020
    A couple of things i noticed recently:

Time checks in ork seems to be framerate dependant, for example, a typewriter effect on menu text with a 0.1 update speed will be slower or faster depending on the fps the game is running on. Same with events that have a restart time. Shouldn't time be absolute?

The basic player movement controller has a smooth rotation paramater that works only when the character is moving. If the character stops and then start to move in a different direction, the rotation is done instantly with no smoothing applied.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • @Vlastan
    Well, yes, while they're using unscaled time, they still rely on Unity's Update function to be called for updating stuff (i.e. once per frame).

The basic player control is, as you said, basic. ORK isn't a player/camera control framework, but offers some different options to get you started. The Button player control just works that way (by design), so if you need it differently, you could either change it (or make a custom variant of it) or use some other control (e.g. 3rd party).
  • @gamingislove Regarding time, is there any motivation for it be like that? Seems a bit unreliable to me. I think there should be an option to set all the timing operations to be scaled indepentently from fps.
  • Not sure if this is just happening to me or if it's already been reported. But I can't select weapons for my combatant. It's just blank. If I click to the drop-down all the weapons are listed but if I click on one it stays blank in the selected.

I'm using the latest Ork 2018 from the Patreon and Unity 2019.3.6f1

• @Ovaltine
    The combatant has to be able to equip the weapons/armors - this is handled by either the combatant's class or the combatant itself (when using Own Equipment). The class/combatant has to first enable the equipment parts to be able to use them and further enable the weapons/armors that should be equipable.
  • If i set a looped Event Interaction that repeats itself every 0.5 sec, the first time the event is executed is after 0.5 second from scene load, even if the first StartAfter value is set to 0.
  • @Vlastan
    The first start is probably prevented by something, e.g. controls being blocked from a scene change. Try enabling In Blocked Controls in the event interaction's settings.
  • edited June 2020
    @gamingislove Enabling In Blocked Controls doesn't do any difference.
    I noticed that even if i disable the repeating event checkbox, if the second start after timer is not zero, the first start stilll gets delayed.

On a side note, could you explain what In Blocked Control is used for?
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • @Vlastan
    In Blocked Control will ignore if the player control is blocked when starting the event. Usually, events are only started when the player control isn't blocked.

It's definitely working here, can you give me more infos on your event interaction's setup? Also, does the event have any wait times within, e.g. the event is actually starting immediately but has a wait time before whatever you want is happening?