edited May 2015 in ORK Support
So, after the release of UNITY 5 I lost all my progress on the 32 tutorials I was doing and was upset. So this morning I decided to start over. I have setup my scene and added the game starter. But the sky is missing the inside of the clouds like it was erased in photoshop. I cannot figure out what is causing it, I have check all my settings restarted still no luck as to what is causing the issue, seen this before?
  • ok, I think I found the issue, I am getting the error, blender could not be found.
  • I reimported and still have the same issue, thought I had it.
  • edited May 2015
    It's not blender. That error message has been around since ORK 1. :)

And it's not harmful.

Your problem might be the shaders. In some thread here Gil talks about how to add all your shaders but I'm not on my computer right now. Will try to search for it though. A little hard on a handheld.

Edit: See if this helps you.

http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/comment/9966#Comment_9966
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • that fixed it!
    but now I am getting this error: Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can't dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either eg. EditorGUIUtility.TextContent should be moved to OnEnable. See stacktrace.)
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:LoadAssetAtPath(String, Type)
    ORKSceneWizard:.ctor()
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadSerializedFileAndForget(String)
    UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)

Thank you for your help
  • That's been reported in the bug thread. This is Gil's response--

"@greay
    The first one could hint at a corrupted project file - can you send me your ORKProject.asset (found in Assets/ORK Framework/)? I'll check if there's something wrong.
    The 2nd one is a Unity issue with docked custom editor windows (probably coming from the scene wizard) - the bug tracker marks it as solved for future updates, so it's currently wait and see if that fixes the problem :)"

Maybe wait for him to help you. : )
  • The tutorial resources have been updated for Unity 5, so either get the new stuff or update things like shaders on your own :)

As Cat said, the error you're getting seems to be a Unity issue with docked custom editors, but it doesn't really do any harm, just displays an annoying message.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but did the pre-Unity 5 tutorial resources come with FBX or OBJ versions of the egg and sword models? I don't have Blender installed. In a clean project with ORK 2.5.1, Unity 5.1.0 reports "Blender could not be found...." and the models aren't visible. Just thinking that this might throw new users.
  • edited July 2015
    It's a warning you get if Blender is not installed. It's not meaningful but you're right it might throw new users. It threw me initially but now I have Blender installed. : )

I recently bought Love/Hate (before the sale---but I'm more than happy to have supported you)---haven't had a chance to try it yet but looking forward to it. Thanks for your good work.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/33063
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • If you've still the old Unity 4 tutorial resources (or demo project), you should download the new Unity 5 version. The blender thing is just a warning :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • (Thanks, Catacomber!)

gamingislove - I created a new, empty Unity 5.1.0 project. Then I downloaded and imported ORK Framework 2.5.1. Finally, I imported the demo package in the ORK Framework folder. The egg and sword models (*.blend) don't show up in the demo scenes.

This is on a Windows 7 box without Blender installed.
  • Will test it out, gotta uninstall blender :)