• I have a feature request: allowing random stats increase or stats allocation option in the combatant/character development. A combination of both would also be very nice to have.
  • @NateR93
    You can do that by creating your custom level up system with game events. You can either set up a default game event for all combatants in Battle System > Battle Settings > Level Up Settings, or invididually set it up per combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey GiL, I'm interested in paying for a feature that makes real time battles capable of mimicking game styles like Diable,Sacred, titans quest or any point and click hack n slash games .

One example feature is
    Click to use single attack

Thanks for ORK!
  • edited September 2016
    Is it possible to have battle AI continue on after an ability is used, to use another ability for example without running through the AI again? It would make some AI logic much easier. Right now I'm using abilities as 'workarounds' for some missing features of the real time battle system, and I would like them to not end the AI since they aren't true 'actions'. Also it would allow for using multiple actions in one AI path.
    Post edited by Juryiel on
  • Not sure if this is currently possible but it would be nice to define object variable groups in one place and then assign the groups to combatants. For example, as I develop my game I often find the need to add a new combatant variable to achieve something. Then I have to go and add it to all combatants I created manually. It would be nice to define a combatant variable group and just assign that to a combatant, and then I can just update the variables in the group and it would apply to all combatants that have this variable group assigned to them.
  • edited January 2017
    Hello GIL,

I'm losing a lot of time trying to have 3rd party controllers work with ORK, what I ve found out is that the ORK First Person Controller with first person view of Camera Controller works just fine, but need some tweeks.

The 1st think I'm trying to implement without using ANY other 3rd party controllers (even default FPScontroller of unity) and having 100% compatibility with ORK, is the head bobbing of the camera.

I have setup my game with Main Camera in scene.

So what i would like is to have an option in camera controller (i guess) with options in ORK Framework for headbob (up/down/left/right/random maybe) and the amount of bobbing.

The main problem is that the scripts i found are not working because they need the main camera to be child of the character, and also that the scripts are for character motor of the default FPSController of unity, so they dont work with the ORK Controller.

I would like to hear if that is something not hard to implement and can be in your workflow, or it should be paid work, so i will try to put a group buy if anyone else is interested.

Post edited by dlevel on
  • Hello community I work with ORK since one year now and it's really complete regarding status events etc but there is some things i'm missing and here are my feature requests for future releases :)

1) A Bind to shortcut option

I'll explain, so far we can drag and drop skills or items to shortcuts but i would like to be able to assign the skill with the button i pressed (e.g : i press shortcut key 1 then my currently selected skill or item will be bound to this shortcut)

2) A more in depth character controller

The character controller for ORK is really basic we can jump and have a stamina option with some events and status effects etc, what i would like is to have a complete character controller with jump roll push objects pull objects auto jump when there is no ground under us ladder climb swim(i'm actually making a status effect so far to simulate the swim system with an unvisible plane etc but can't dive or something.. Iknow there is a lot of custom character controllers on the asset store but i can't even link them to ork since i'm not a scripter :D

Well here are my biggest feature requests !
  • Bump for the 2) for a group buy
  • edited January 2017
    Hi Gil,

If at some point in a future update you could look into adding the ability to bind the continue button on a UI dialogue input box with an ORK input key or make it so that pressing down (or using the vertical axis controls) will move focus from the input box to the continue button it would be appreciated.

Main reason for needing this is if the player is using a joypad they have to switch to a mouse or touch screen to select continue to get past the text input. This isn't a problem apart from on consoles because you can't get past the input box dialogue (in my game it's for setting the player name). For now I've removed any parts that require input boxes from console test builds and just use default names but if in the future there was a fix for this it would be great. As for the Xbox I would like to release it as UWP game and not as two separate releases.

Thanks
    Post edited by jonjaydee on
  • This has been mentioned I think several times, but one crucial feature missing for Grid Framework is to have Grid On at all times in editor, even when you don't have Grid game object selected. This is important for level design, to be able to see where grid lines are and place game art accordingly. I don't imagine it's a difficult feature to implement, but would be very helpful for level designers.

Another useful feature would be to retain Grid paint data when rebuilding grid object, if the Rows/Columns fields have not changed. It's a bit of a hassle to repaint grid after each update.
  • Please add a combatant size feature for grid battles.
    Right now every combatant occupies a single grid.
    That makes no sense for something as large as e.g. a dragon.
    It should be like the the area of effect setting for abilities.

Here's an example for what I mean (from d&d 3.5 rules):
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/hexGrid.htm
  • I second the grid features mentioned in the two above posts. They're essential pieces of functionality for building something like the old AD&D "Gold Box" games (Pool of Radiance, etc), Fallout 1 & 2, Wasteland 2, The Temple of Elemental Evil, etc.
  • I've been asking some peers for game feedback, and they all have a common complaint that my subtitles are somewhat hard to read in certain places and that the text outline/shadow should be thicker.

Would it be possible to add a thickness level to the shadow and outline settings for GUI box text?

If this is already a feature, I apologize for not noticing it.
  • @braytendo
    That's handled by the shadow/outline offset settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ha, I see that it does work like that. My bad!