• Yeah ... I'll add an option to block that in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Woot, thanks :D!

There's another thing I'm running into, today:

For abilities, we can set Battle Events in the Damage Dealer Settings. (This is how I'm doing much of the extra stuff like screen flashes, FX, camera shakes etc)

I'm setting up some Critical Hit % stuff for abilities, and it would be great if I could optionally set a different Battle Event depending on whether it's a critical hit or not.

As far as I can tell, I don't think I can.

Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Kirb
    That's not needed - when using battle events to animate the damage dealer's doing damage, you have to use a Calculate node to do the damage calculations anyway, which allows you to branch to a different node path for critical hits, misses, blocks, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah! You are absolutely right! I thought I had remembered achieving it somehow! Thanks. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • I would like the ability to display all player group portraits in a save game file and the ability to display the area they are currently like this : image
  • @Tr1nome
    You can add the area name using the %a text code.
  • @gamingislove I have already the name I would like to display the icon of the area and the character's portrait
  • A few requests:

-More Customizing options for items, such as an option to add multiple types of space to account for things like weight, or maybe even a separate category for weight.

-Add the ability to modify inventory limits based on equipment, or better yet let us assign our inventory to equipment! It would be very cool for combatants to be able to carry a pack with all of their loot that they could drop, set down or strap onto an animal.

-Please, PLEASE give UI the ability to display at least item variables. Ideally, it would be great to select every type of variable for display, but items at a bare minimum would be enough. You've given them such a versatile array of possibilities through formula linked variables, but its relatively pointless if we can't display those results to our players.

-Allow status checks and forks to compare against the percentages of other stat values (i.e., stat x > 200% of stat y, stat x > 230% of stat y), as well as non-static values like formulas, player prefs, random and such. This would be useful not only inside of formulas and events, but also for status effects.

-When setting the value ranges of a stat, let us select independently whether we'd like minimum and maximum values set to the value of another stat or a specified value. For instance, maybe a stat's maximum value works best when set to that of another stat, but the minimum needs to be a specific value. Otherwise, we'd need to create special stats to hold the correct values, and that gets messy. It would be similarly useful if we could set them to a formula's value.

-Let us select whether we'd like for status changes made to non-consumables through effects to be permanent.

-Let status effects call events, change values etc. via their countdown timer without forcing them to end.
  • In case you're in dire need of a feature, you can always contact me at contact@orkframework.com to get a quote for a commissioned work of the feature :)

Also, equipment can modify the inventory limits, e.g. by using a status value for the limit calculation and the equipment giving a bonus to it.
  • Please add functionality to the custom control: turn off MoveDead
  • I dont know if this is too much to ask, but a runtime editor, especially for tweaking the enemy AI.
  • I have just purchased Opsive's Ultimate Character Controller, and will be looking forward to use it along with Ork Framework. Are you planning any integration with that asset? I was evaluating Ork planning to purchase it with Opsive's Third Person Controller, and the integration at that time was pretty neat, but not entirely comprehensive to overlap features from both assets. Do you have a comprehensive integration planned for UCC?

Thank you.
  • @pegassy
    No, there are no plans for that.
    However, you can always commission such an integration :)
  • I want to add VR function, support VRTK.VRTK is open source: https://www.vrtk.io/
  • Hello @gamingislove,

I have a couple of requests that I'd love to see in ORK for making a level-up system similar to what the KOTOR games used.

1) I'm echoing a request made a long time ago to add support for using formulas to determine the amount of experience needed to level up a combatant. I know that experience currently only uses curves, but I have 200 levels and I know the formula that would determine how much experience a character needs to level up at each level; but I can't use it.

2) If there's not already a way to use events to level up a single character within the player group at a time, that would be extremely useful. If I have 3 characters in my group and I want to level them up in different classes, and I want to change only one character's class from what it is right now to a different class, that fine amount of control over the leveling up process is necessary. (I'm only pretty sure that this doesn't currently exist.)

Thank you in advance for the consideration.