• @gamingislove
    Is there mouse cursor in that selection? I only see blink, prefab and line renderer.
  • Ah - you're talking about mouse cursor, thought you're talking about grid cursor (highlight).
    No, that's not available, I'll look into it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Does ORK use one monolithic scriptableobject for the database or is it split up into multiple objects?
  • It uses one asset holding all the data (excluding events, which are individual assets per event). You can use the asset source feature to have other assets used by your data (e.g. prefabs, audio clips or textures) come from different sources, e.g. asset bundles or direct references.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • How hard would it be to split things up so that ORK uses a folder hierarchy of multiple SO's--for items, creatures, etc.? This is for the challenges of real-world projects:
    1. Source control: it's a nightmare trying to diff and merge big monolithic assets
    2. Multiple team members working on different areas of the game will all be changing the same physical file and exacerbating all the diff/merge challenges in #1.
    3. DLC / updates / patches: the current scheme would require the entire ORK database to be modified for every change, even if you were just adding one new object, for example.
    4. Corruption: the reality is that Unity (or merging or whatever) will occasionally corrupt an asset. The smaller the asset, the less likely for corruption and the easier to fix it (or just replace it)

Any thoughts?
  • I know the issues with the current data setup - it's a legacy from ORK's beginnings over 10 years ago ...
    This will change in ORK 3 and use separate assets for each individual item, combatant, etc.
    ORK 3 will (hopefully) go into beta this fall/winter.
  • That might be too late for our game, but that's going to be great for ORK. Is there going to be a data converter to get from v2 to v3?
  • Yes, I'm planning on providing one, but work on that won't start before a beta is available. It'll also not be possible to transfer all settings, as there'll be a lot of changes.
  • Could I request an integration with the new third person controller from Opsive please?
  • edited June 2019
    It would be great if BattleAI - nodes in AI would either display the name of selected Battle AI or have custom string for name, and show it in the middle field. Similar to how Debug node shows contents of message.
    Because it's hard to tell at a glance what battle AI is being used.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • edited June 2019
    Yeah ... valid point :)
    Will make it happen in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Hi! I don't know if this feature already exists, but I presume it doesn't, as I didn't find it in this page: http://orkframework.com/tutorial/howto/text-codes/
    Would it be possible to add a 'wait for input' code similar to #waitX#?
    Many thanks!
    VicMiSS
  • A few requests:

-Variable exclusions/exceptions: When selecting to share variables between events, it would be extremely useful to be able to select only specific variables to pass.

-Object Variable Updates: Similar to the feature that was added to items, the option to update select Object variables would add a lot of flexibility, including the ability to create non-universal Status Values.

-More control over Ability Bonuses and Developments: The option to create exclusions for bonuses and developments, and perhaps link them to formulas would also be incredibly useful. We could select whether a certain bonus is altered or excluded based on things like Class (not merely Class Level), Defense Attributes, Status Values etc.
  • edited July 2019
    Unless I've missed an easier way to accomplish it:

imagehttps://i.imgur.com/CKNQF3u.png

Is there a way to merely ADD an attack attribute to an ability with a status effect rather than overwriting it entirely?

Basically, in this scenario, we want several abilities to gain an Elemental type in ADDITION to whatever current attack attribute they're currently using, if they're under a specific Status Effect.

So for example, in the image above, when the user gains Status Effect 'GainFireElement'; and we toggle 'Use Effect Attributes', this ability's attack attributes would become:

Attack Type = Slash (the original ability's settings)
    PLUS
    Element = Fire (What the Status Effect would contribute)

It would have both.

-------

When the status effect wears, the ability would lose the Fire Element and return to just being Attack Type = Slash by itself.

Hopefully this made sense!

Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames