• @pesukarhu
    Will both be in the next update (reuse time text codes in menus and more operators in Change Equip Status Value node).
    Showing the reuse time like that will not be possible without a complex change in the UI system, so that'll have to wait for ORK 3.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2020
    gamingislove said:
    Will both be in the next update (reuse time text codes in menus and more operators in Change Equip Status Value node).
    Awesome! That will simplify my events by a lot.
    gamingislove said: Showing the reuse time like that will not be possible without a complex change in the UI system, so that'll have to wait for ORK 3.
    Yeah, I kinda figured but it's fine. It's a really tiny cosmetic improvement.

What about this request I had before? Is this possible:
    pesukarhu said: The ability to show Status Effect time remaining in Combatant HUD as a changing unit of time would be nice. Like if the value is more than 3600 seconds a text code "%u" (for example) would show "1 h" and if it's over 60 seconds it would show "1 min".
    Post edited by pesukarhu on
  • Conditional Grid Cell Prefabs would be nice. For example for stuff like visual objects on the scene that may be visible or invisible at different times in the game and if visible would block out the area of the grid they occupy. But, beyond blocking it could that you place the trap in the area so now the grid objects in area deal damage when moved over.

It's kinda possible to use many grids for it if there is only one object in area like that, but if there are 3 or so then it's no longer viable, you need 9 grids, etc.

Unless of course there is already a solution for this that I missed. :D
  • Set cursor node I think would also be useful maybe paired with "Enable/Disable auto cursor change", for cases for example when you want to override automatic cursor behavior. Like mini-games, special game modes etc. Also, when you want to interject something during battle like cutscene, dialogue etc.
  • It would be great if Set Name string from Events Actors
    Would reflect on Event Interaction Objects inspector.
  • It would be great if there was a way (unless already is) to have an option in Use Battle Action node to completely ignore ability or attack requirements.
    For example sometimes I need to use attacks or abilities in cinematics or context sensitive actions, but I don't want those abilities to be usable outside combat in normal gameplay.
  • Being able to change shortcut target settings depending on the skill the player puts in the shortcut slot, would be great and even necessary I think.
  • edited February 2020
    Id really like it (if it isn't possible yet) for the inventory/equipment tooltips/description to be blank/disappear if the mouse isn't hovering over an item, instead of locking to the last valid item you hovered over.

Atm if I have 1 item in a inventory menu and hover over it, it'll show the tooltip, but if i stop hovering over it, it'll keep showing that tooltip forever.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • @Wrofir
    Check out the Tooltip Settings in Menus > Menu Settings. If you've got Selection Tooltip or Preview Tooltip enabled, that might be where it's coming from :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Would it be possible to make a choice in a choice type dialogue box available based on if a specified combatant (i.e. the player) has a certain ability? (in addition to game variables, status requirements, and quest conditions.) For example: have a dialogue option be available if the player combatant has a "Heal" ability? Or have different dialogue options based on whether the Player has one of three mutually exclusive abilities from the same ability tree? (presumably it would be one of those trees where you there are X abilities per tier and you pick only one per tier.)

Also, on the topic of ability trees, is it possible to have abilities in ability trees purchased based on in game events? for example: for each tier of the tree there is a quest and based on how you resolve the quest you will get a different one of the abilities from that tier of the tree? or for each tier of the tree you have to talk with your Master and based on the choices you make in that conversation you get a different ability from that tier of the tree?
  • The Status Requirement already allow checking for abilities - and for anything more complex or not available with the current checks, you can do those checks before the dialogue, set a local variable and use the variable as condition for the choice.

There are no nodes available for learning abilities from a tree, as that's pretty much just using the ability nodes. Ability trees also don't keep track of what's learned in them, they gather the data (which abilities can be learned or upgraded) based on the abilities learned by the combatant.
  • Right, okay. So ability trees organize abilities and their development on the front side not the back side.

Another feature that has come up for us a few times now that I'm not sure how to make or if it would require a new feature is a dialogue history. Either having the dialogue from two characters display in scrolling word bubbles in the same stream like a direct message feed for text messages or skype or discord; or having a menu that you can call that will show the entire current conversation in that style so you can go back and re-read what's been said so far. I'm working on a couple of games that deal with social interactions in visual novel style ways and most of our playtests ask for a way to look back over the conversation so far.
  • Hm, you could probably use the console for that, as dialogues have an Output To Console option - but console content isn't saved and also limited in number of lines.

Another option would be using log texts for your dialogues.
  • If Place on Grid node could have an optional toggle to not reposition combatant to grid cell position/spawn rotation that would be neat.

For example if you have an obstacle, turret or tower combatant and you hand-place it in level, so it fits inside the grid but has a custom offset from the grid center to look nice visually. This would be helpful. The combatant would be placed on grid cell, but retain it's design time position and rotation.
  • The Place On Grid node is specifically for placing combatants on their cells, so that would be a bit counterintuitive :)
    Use the Set Grid Cell Combatant node instead using the Use Nearest Cell option.