• Ah great idea PickelFall

I agree
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • edited February 2014
    I absolutely love damage animations for Critical Hits. Would it be a difficult addition to have a damage animation for being hit by a weakness?

Also, if I remember correctly, there is a feature for enemy levels that scale according to the player's. If so, are there options to make it different for certain sections of the game?
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • edited February 2014
    @Picklefall1
    Basically a good idea, but would require to always scan the scenes for spawn points, etc - which requires to actively open all scenes (like it's done when scanning for variables in scenes).
    I'll look into it, maybe there's a better way to keep this data up to date ...

@Griffin
    Yes, there are.
    To actually scale the stats of an enemy to the player, they also need a status development (so that they have different stats on each level). The actual level of the enemy is determined wherever you add the enemy.
    E.g. in Combatant Groups, Battle components, Combatant Spawner components, etc.
    Wherever you're selecting an enemy to be added to the game or a group, you can set it's level :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    I really do like the idea of having different text animations for whether an attack is strong (bonus damage) or weak (penalty to damage) attribute attacks like Griffin mentioned, in the same vein as the critical hits.

Also! Small request for Loot Settings or Random Chance settings in general: Can it be influenced by formula? For instance, the chance that a piece of loot drops is also dependent on the user's Luck, etc.

I'll add it to the front page.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Well, not just for text animations, but for Animation Types as well! :D

@GiL, I can't seem to find anything regarding enemy level scaling. I'm not sure if I explained myself very well since I'm bad at that, but I was looking for a feature where enemy levels were based off the player's. If I were to make a non-linear RPG where a character can go to select places, I wouldn't want the enemy levels to all be the same, since the player would be too strong for the next area they choose after completing the first area.
  • edited February 2014
    @Griffin FF8 (and TES: Oblivion, etc etc) followed a similar leveling system, where all the monsters and (most) of the bosses' levels were based off of Squall and company's levels.

I think what you're asking for is the ability to call a formula when setting a combatant's level in a combatant spawner. That way you can offset the monster's levels based on, for example, the mean average of your party's levels.
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • Yep. That's it. That way, I can maintain non-linear exploration without players going in places that will be too difficult for them right away.
  • You don't need formulas for that, because that's already built in :)

E.g. when adding a Combatant Group member, you can set up how their level is decided.
    The Player type for Set Level will use the player group's average level to set the combatant's level (with min/max offset).

These settings are available wherever you add a combatant - also in Combatant Spawners and Battles (when using a single combatant - for combatant groups, that's set up in the group's settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    There it is! Thanks, guys!

Forgive my ignorance, but I've a question regarding offsets:

Let's say my player is level 10. If I set Minimum Offset to -5 and Maximum Offset to 5, does this mean the combatant-in-question's level will range from 5 to 15? Meaning it will be random between those two values?
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • edited February 2014
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that's how it functions, yes. I forgot that feature was in there, myself. :P
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • @Griffin
    Exactly, but it's using the average level of the player group (or only the battle group, i.e. the fighting combatants) as the base.
    So, if one of your combatants is level 10, the other level 20, the average would be 15 - with an offset of +/- 5 the enemy would have a level between 10 and 20 :)
  • is there a better way to map a Xbox 360 style Controller to ORK
  • @Cynel1
    Well, you can always use Unity's input manager to set up controls and use those controls in ORK's input keys (simply using the same name as in the input manager).
  • edited February 2014
    So I was thinking, it would be really cool to be able to specify a "battle arena" so perhaps a scene or a prefab room that the various combatants would be moved to when battle started.
    I'm pretty sure I can do this with battle start events by moving all the combatants to a specific area but it would be cool if ORK supported being able to choose a specific "arena" for each fight. Similar to how Chrono Cross worked when you entered a battle it would take you to a combat arena themed to the place you had entered the battle.

EDIT:
    I found that I can load a scene for a battle and it spawns the mobs in it. It doesn't seem to spawn the player though. Perhaps my request should be changed to "Can we have a tutorial on how to do the above please?" :P
    Post edited by LordHogFred on
  • @LordHogFred: I'm pretty sure you can already do that. Your battle arena would just utilize a different scene.