edited May 2015 in ORK Support
Essentially, I'm trying to copy pokemons battle system. But I don't think its possbily to do a 1 on 1 battle and be able to swape out party memebers. Is this true or am i missing something? Anyone has any ideas for a work around?

I was thinking you could have two parties. One is used for 1 on 1 battles while the other holds the rest of the party for swapping and everything else. But i don't think ork can display specific battle parties.
Post edited by Dre788 on
  • Yes, that's possible - there's the Change Member battle menu item for that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, it seems I've missed a huge chuck of features after messing around with groups actions and change member. Also the hide member action is a very nice touch. I think I may be able to move forward with my idea with this. Thanks for the reply GIL!
  • edited May 2015
    Welp, I've ran into another road block. I want to set up a battle based on a fixed number of actions a combatant can use each turn. For example; The player has 3 mp they could use. Each attack or item use cost 1 mp. After all their mp is gone, it is now the enemy's turn to use his mp. They do their thing until their mp is 0 and then the focus returns to the player. Repeat until one or the other is defeated.

I've been trying to get it to work through one means or another but I keep running into walls. At this point, I think I can get it to work if I could change status effects in formulas. By enabling multi turns and keeping track of status amounts, I think I can make the system work.

I would really like to use this system so if anyone has a better idea of getting it to work, I'm all ears.

Edit: Okay, after thinking about it, it seems the real problem I'll be running into with this system is changing out party members in the middle of turns. Technically you'll be able to attack with all your members since there is no way to put limits on the amount of times you can change members. Well, this puts me even further back than square one.

Edit2: Also, when you change members in battle, the characters fully recovers. And I don't see any options or ways to change the gui for the whole thing.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • First of all, in turn based battles, there is only one action per turn possible currently. Also, the combatants shouldn't be healed when changing members, unless you've set up a battle end status value change in the battle settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah, I see. I am using the ork demo to test out things and I wasn't aware end battle bonus was healing them when they were changed out.

Yes, I am aware you can only do one thing per turn. That why I was trying to get the combatants to have multiple turn, not multiple actions. I am just trying to create a little bit of uniqueness in my idea.
  • Well, you could probably somehow do that with the active time system instead. It allows having multiple actions (if they don't use up the complete timebar).
  • im also trying to make a pokemon rpg. well just like it in the sense that its a monster catching game. but its pretty overwealming. :( lol. good luck! :)