edited February 2014 in Announcements
See the full release notes.

---------------------

While I'm looking into support for 3rd party products (e.g. UMA, DF GUI and NGUI), I'm also working on the next update of ORK Framework.

This time it's only small new features:
  • Shops
    Selling individual items, weapons and armors can depend on variable conditions.
  • Text Codes
    A new Log Text text code allows adding the text of a log text :)
  • Custom Controls
    When letting ORK Framework add custom player/camera controls, you can now add them to child objects.
  • Console
    You can now optionally output the console texts to the Unity console (only when playing in the editor).
    This is independent of actually using the ORK in-game console HUD.
  • Locking Equipment Parts
    There are two new event steps for locking equipment parts and checking if an equipment part is locked.
    A locked equipment part can't change it's equipment.
  • Event Editor
    The Close button will now display a dialogue asking if you really want to close an event - to prevent accidental data loss :)
  • Variable To Inventory Step
    This new event step lets you store the quantity of an item, currency, weapon or armor into a float game variable.
  • Status Effects
    The end after time/turn settings can now use formulas, game variables and other stuff.
  • Mouse/Touch Controls
    The mouse/touch controls (e.g. used in the Mouse player controls) have a new Hold mode. The input will be received while the control is held down.
  • GUI Boxes
    Selected choices can have an additional horizontal offset, moving them left/right when being selected.
  • Node Editor
    Focused nodes can be removed by pressing Delete. When pressing Alt + Delete, the complete node chain will be removed. Both will display a dialog if you really want to delete them first.
    A focused node is displayed with an additional highlight around the node, clicking on the settings will remove the focus.
  • Main Menu
    You can add custom choices before the Exit button of the main menu.
    A custom choice will search a defined object in the scene (by name or tag) and try to call a function on a component.
  • Shops
    The new Sell to Shop settings allow to limit the item types the player can sell to a shop.
    You can use this to e.g. let weapon shops only buy weapons back.
More as it's coming in ...
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    Awesome. :D

Will definitely be making use of these; thanks for adding that close button dialogue, that's happened to me once or twice.

Damage Dealer stuff from 2.0.3 is working like a dream, by the way!
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • New stuff:
    • Variable To Inventory Step
      This new event step lets you store the quantity of an item, currency, weapon or armor into a float game variable.
    • Status Effects
      The end after time/turn settings can now use formulas, game variables and other stuff.
    • Mouse/Touch Controls
      The mouse/touch controls (e.g. used in the Mouse player controls) have a new Hold mode. The input will be received while the control is held down.
    • GUI Boxes
      Selected choices can have an additional horizontal offset, moving them left/right when being selected.
    • Node Editor
      Focused nodes can be removed by pressing Delete. When pressing Alt + Delete, the complete node chain will be removed. Both will display a dialog if you really want to delete them first.
      A focused node is displayed with an additional highlight around the node, clicking on the settings will remove the focus.
    • Main Menu
      You can add custom choices before the Exit button of the main menu.
      A custom choice will search a defined object in the scene (by name or tag) and try to call a function on a component.
    • Shops
      The new Sell to Shop settings allow to limit the item types the player can sell to a shop.
      You can use this to e.g. let weapon shops only buy weapons back.
    Updated probably coming today :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • And here it is, with some other small improvements :)

See the full release notes.
  • Hey man, nice update. Thanks.
  • edited February 2014
    Ooh, that Hold Time change is nice!

And many thanks for the auto-close GiL, much appreciated. Great update, lots of nice features!
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • The GUI box update is really sweet! Deffo gonna use that.
  • Good update! Lovin' it!
  • You're seriously pounding out the goods here, gamingislove. :D
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Nice ones.... keep it up!!!