edited May 2015 in ORK Support
Greetings,

In the Hunting Quest tutorial you mention that you can use the same NPC for multiple quests. How would I go about doing that? If I set the Quest Status to finished etc. in the even vairable like is mentioned in the tutorial, the NPC is gone when I come back to the scene. If I add a second event to the NPC, the interaction controller doesn't seem to respond to the click but clicking NPC itself will fire the second event. So I'm not sure the best way to set that up. Not only would I like to use an NPC for multiple quests as you suggest but I would like the keep them in scene and possibly have a 'post' quest dialogue. E.g. 'Thanks for helping me out..."

Thanks! :)
  • Do you have Auto Destroy checked on your Event Component? I think it's checked by default and that could be causing your NPC to disappear.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Thanks! That seemed to work to keep the NPC in the scene. I thought I tried that but you never know :). So I would think from here then if I had multiple quests from the same NPC they should just be added as several events just like the first then?
  • Either that, or you can put everything in one big event and do the checks there :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Good point! That could end up being a big event :D

On the note of quests: the quest and task completion events work like global variables? Of do they require interaction? The reason I ask is I'm trying to show a quest marker that changes automatically over the quest givers head when the quest is complete.
  • edited May 2015
    They work similar yes, only that you change the state of a quest/task instead setting any kind of value :)
    You can e.g. use a Variable Event component to check for quest conditions and disable or destroy the marker game objects on your quest giver.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Alright cool. I'll try that. Thank you :)