edited June 2015 in ORK Support
Hey all, just bought ORK, loving it so far.

I'm working with spawning my player character, and it looks like the Character Controller is getting attached at the pivot on his feet, resulting in him walking around hovering. The fix I found is at runtime to set the CC Center value Y to 1.

Set out to do this in the Spawn event and figured out I can get the spawned player using Search Object and Change Fields steps, however, I cannot for the life of me get that Center field to change. I've confirmed the search finds my player by attaching a skybox component at runtime, I tried "is Property," naming "Character Controller" in quotes, but I can't get it to update the Y-coordinate on spawn. Am I missing something?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Usually, you'd add the character controller component to your player's prefab and adjust it there.

ORK only adds the character controller when using the built-in player controls because it's required for them. The built-in controls are pretty simple, but you can use any custom controls you want.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • There we go!

Since it spawned it with the prefab, I just presumed to let it do that...learning as I go here.

Thank you!