edited June 2015 in ORK Support
Hi,

Are there more info on how the leveling up of abilities work? I am new to the framework and am trying to understand how the functionality work. There are the explanations but I am having a hard time grasping how the different types of leveling up work in reality.

Is there more info in a certain tutorial?

Also how are the player status values and the status development related to the abilities and status effects etc? Or are they are left to you the developer to creates formulas and events to associate to different functionality within the framework?

Alot of great features but the overall character development is a bit fuzze at the moment. I've done half of the game tutorials and read some of the how tos but still trying to figure things out.

If there is some help on what to read that might make my life easier :).

Thanks for the help in advance.
  • Ability (and equipment) leveling is actually pretty simple - as the help texts explain, there are 4 different modes:

None
    The ability wont level up - to get higher levels of an ability, you need to learn them (e.g. through ability trees, a combatant's ability development, items, event system, etc.).

Auto
    The ability will level up automatically through receiving experience points (of a selected experience status value). The amount needed to reach a level is defined by the Level Points of the level.

Spend
    The ability can be leveled up by the player spending experience on them. The needed experience for a level is again defined by the Level Points of the level.
    You can use Ability menu screens to level up abilities. Either set the Default Action of the ability menu part to Level Up, or use a sub menu with a level up button.

Uses
    The ability will be leveled up through using it. Each use will give 1 point, the amount of points needed to reach a level is again defind by the Level Points of the level.

The status values (and development) are related to abilities and status effects in the way you set them up, e.g. damage formulas using status values, status effect hit chance using status values, etc.
    Also, passive abilities and status effects can give bonuses to status values.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thx for the info. I think I need to get my hand "dirty" and play around with the abilities leveling and see how to use them based on what I had in my mind.

That last part in your response helped clarify things a bit, thank you again :).