edited June 2015 in ORK Support
Hi,

Does anyone know is there a system/mechanism for keeping track on a player reputation? or other similar info like alignment etc that would tell the player certain data about the character he or she is playing and how the world relates to the player?
  • edited June 2015
    Depends on what you're going for - either use the Faction system with sympathy changes, or use game variables.

The faction system can result in friendly combatants becoming enemies due to sympathy changes. Changing the sympathy between factions can be done automatically (e.g. killing a combatant) or through the event system (e.g. after a choice dialogue depending on the selected choice). Also, you can check the sympathy between factions and display different dialogues based on that.

Using game variables also allows a similar use (without making combatants your enemies).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm still on the design phase of the game mechanics so I'm trying to figure out what I can do with the editor and what I need to add myself through possible scripting or other means.

OK, thx for the tip. I'll look into the game variables. The faction sympathy system was OK I might end up using it with the help of game variables.

Thanks alot :)
  • When using game variables, you can also break the sympathy level down to each NPC individually through using object variables.

Object variable examples can be found in the harvesting and changing NPC dialogue tutorials.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Great! thx :)