• @Shadow_Fire
    Yeah, it's an editor issue with one of the settings in that node - will be fixed in the next update. Other than that strange display, all settings should be correct and functional :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah super awesome.
  • edited June 2016
    In building another schematic that uses Change Position, I've run across this issue again:
    Edit: And actually, I seem to be having a lot of trouble getting 'Change Position' nodes to work whatsoever in Makinom (at least, set to Machine Object). Even if Wait is not enabled, they simply seem to stall the schematic for some reason.
    Change Position doesn't seem to work for some strange reason in my Trigger Machine. Even taking a completely unrelated gameobject and trying to move it as a test in the event: nothing. Tried to move it by speed, by wait, to a waypoint, by position, all to no effect.

I had to use a hacky solution, where I called an ORK event via the plugin, and the ORK event moved the object without any issue at all. Very odd given the simplicity of the schematic; and I can't quite figure out why it's doing this. Maybe something weird with the time scale? I'll see if I can run into the issue again later.

------

Another unrelated issue: I can't seem to make my Trigger machines work with 'Start By Other' by any other method except for Tag. Checking for Name/Component doesn't seem to work.

NOTE: This is all 2.7.1 so if it's been fixed already disregard!
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited June 2016
    @Kirb
    Well, the Makinom version with the fix isn't out yet :)
    I'll look into the trigger machine issue.

Edit: Name works fine, but Component has a bug, will be fixed in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I see this error very often in my console:

Multiple EventSystems in scene... this is not supported
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
    ORKFramework.UIHelper:CreateEventSystem()
    ORKFramework.GUIHandler:CreateCanvas()
    ORKFramework.GUIHandler:Init()
    ORKFramework.ORK:Init(ORKProjectAsset)
    ORKFramework.ORK:.ctor(ORKProjectAsset)
    ORKFramework.ORK:Initialize(ORKProjectAsset)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.GameStarter:Awake()

Not quite sure what the exact problem is. Using ORK and Makinom together with the plugin, naturally; so not sure why it wouldn't be supported?
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • I'll investigate - probably both try to create the event system, although both should check if one is already present ...
  • Hello! Still learning Makinom, however possible issue? Nodes... GameObject > Camera > Change Position \ Rotate Around.. crashes makinom and error in console reads

ArgumentException: Object type System.Single cannot be converted to target type: Makinom.Schematics.SchematicFloat
    Parameter name: val

and so on...

Does it in new blank unity project!

Thanks!
  • Yep, there's a bug - will be fixed in the next update.
  • The value in the "Update UI text" component not stored.

https://gyazo.com/eff0289b9bfb8cd92410d1a482982313 - screenshot

The value that I type in the selected area is not saved. If I load a different scene, and then back into the current, then the value is empty.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
  • There is a bug with the Object Visible node.
    In a rock schematic, I have two nodes.

emit particles -> object visible.(make it invisible)

This lets me smash the rock, emitting a particle while at the same time making the rock invisible. The problem is that the moment the rock becomes invisible, the particles stop emitting, so since I have no wait node in between, the rock just disappear instantly without even showing the particles.

But if I do emit particles -> Enable component(disable meshRenderer), it works correctly. Even if the rock disappears instantly, the particles will still emit.

• edited August 2016
    @Shadow_Fire
    That's because the Object Visible will make the game object and all child objects invisible - it's a quick and easy node to make a game object completely invisible.
    If that's not what you want, either disable the renderer component (as you found out) or don't mount the particle effect to the rock :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Ahhh duh, that makes sense. Why didn't I think of that. Thanks :)
  • edited October 2016
    Getting some rather weird errors here.

I can place a machine on a prefab and edit it as usual. But then once the game starts (in editor) all the machines disable and here's picture of it in the inspector.

This persists after a reboot.

Here is one of the errors.
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Makinom.DataHandler.get_Item (System.Type type)
    Makinom.Maki.get_EditorSettings ()
    Makinom.Editor.EditorTool.CheckHelpText (System.String helpHeader, System.String helpText, System.String helpInfo)
    Makinom.Editor.EditorTool.EndSetting (System.String helpHeader, System.String helpText, System.String helpInfo, Boolean horizontal)
    Makinom.Editor.EditorTool.Field[Boolean] (System.String name, System.Boolean& value, System.String helpText, System.String helpInfo, Makinom.EditorInfoAttribute editorInfo, Makinom.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor)
    Makinom.Editor.EditorAutomation.Value (System.Object& value, System.Reflection.FieldInfo fieldInfo, System.Type type, Makinom.AttributeHelper attributes, System.String[] text, IBaseData instance, Makinom.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor)
    Makinom.Editor.EditorAutomation.Field (System.Reflection.FieldInfo fieldInfo, Makinom.AttributeHelper attributes, IBaseData instance, Makinom.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor)
    Makinom.Editor.EditorAutomation.Automate (System.Reflection.FieldInfo fieldInfo, IBaseData instance, Makinom.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor, Boolean ignoreHide, Makinom.AttributeHelper attributes)
    Makinom.Editor.EditorAutomation.Automate (IBaseData instance, Makinom.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor)
    TriggerMachineInspector.MachineSetup (Makinom.Behaviours.TriggerMachineComponent target)
    TriggerMachineInspector.OnInspectorGUI ()
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1235)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
    I have set up the machines correctly per the tutorials.. so this is like, hmmm.

Let me know if you need more info!
    Post edited by j0hnbane on
    j0hnbane
    youtube.com/j0hnbane
  • Sounds like you forgot to set up a Game Starter in the scene (or you need to start in another scene with a game starter).
  • Hello. I've run into a strange behavior in rotate node.

For example if I create a simple cube, add tick machine and set it to update, then after adding a schematic with just rotate node, the rotation around X stops after 30 degrees or so, (rotation change set to value 1 on X, delta time on).

This only happens while trying to rotate around X, for Y and Z the object rotates fine with the same settings, so maybe a bug.

Makinom 1.5.0, Unity 5.4.1f1