• edited November 2017
    I second that observation from Shadow_Fire.

Been having the same problem. Though, Reset Unity Input does work for me, however, I seem to not be able to have any control over the speed in which text is ran despite making changes to the Input Timeouts in the input keys.

So simply pressing the button for less than half a second speeds through text like a bolt of lightning.
    Post edited by twill14 on
  • @Shadow_Fire @twill14
    The magic setting here is the Timeout in the input key. This manages how often a held down input would be recognized by ORK, e.g. a timeout of 0.3 seconds would roughly accept 3 dialogues per second :)
    You still need to disable Reset Unity Input in the GUI box.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2017
    @gamingislove saving games (and lives) everyday!

That's why you're the best!
    Post edited by twill14 on
  • Error,

Anyone have an idea what is causing this error,

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow.SaveEditorSettings ()
    Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow.OnDestroy ()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplicationLayout:InitPlaymodeLayout()

and how to fix. Happens on play in editor with fresh project.

2017.1.0f3
    Mac

Thanks.
  • edited December 2017
    @Williamian
    The error doesn't really do much harm to your data (or game). Should be fixed in the next udpate.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited January 2018
    Makinom2.10 Bug:
    Dialogs and renaming, etc. can not use Microsoft Pinyin, Chinese typing input.

Problem has been solved because unity3d 2017.3.0 was used
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • Is that available in other Unity text fields/areas?
    Also, there's currently a Unity bug (since Unity 2017.2) that loses focus in name fields (see the Unity issue tracker).
  • edited May 2018
    MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.ParticleEmitter.set_enabled'.
    Makinom.Schematics.Nodes.EnableComponentNode.Continue (Makinom.Schematics.Schematic schematic)

After updating to 2018.1 and updating Makinom to the latest.

EDIT:

Re-imported and updated, seems to have fixed it! Must have been some weirdness with the asset store cache.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Is it a guide for 2018.2 for this http://makinom.com/tutorial/scripting/setting-up-project-references/ ?
    Many things are obsolete and now Unity 2018.2 says this: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
  • Makinom doesn't use the legacy networking system, it uses Unity Multiplayer (aka UNet). Use the Unity_2018 build configuration when building for Unity 2018 (beside using the correct DLLs from that Unity version).
    You can ignore obsolete code warnings, as Unity still supports the features even when they're marked as obsolete.

Also, no need to flag this discussion, that's used for reporting spam :)
  • vv3vv3
    edited August 2018
    got the point with the flag thanks :)

for the other part I allready did before writing in forum this:
    1. I put the code folder outside the project
    2. I opened the sln with visual studio
    3. I checked your tutorial and added in the framework the correct files from the 2018.2 build (including properties of the framework)
    4. verified output path and changed the 5.6 to 2018 name in the build tab of the framework
    After rebuilding I have the errors I told you about and I do not think I did anything wrong.
    Even if ignore the obsolete errors, I should have a dll file in the bin folder and I do not.
    Check this: http://myprintscreen.com/s/vh0i/d103b3a6bd

I am not savvy at sln/dll build but I can understand any guide. If I should put the folder back in the Makinom project just tell me where so it wont mess my game.

Thank you!
    Post edited by vv3 on
  • Hm, yeah, seems like 2018.2 throws some errors here - will fix this in the next update.
  • vv3vv3
    edited August 2018
    I recompiled in Unity 2017.4.8f1 and have this:
    http://myprintscreen.com/s/vmcw/b63c34afd4

You say in the readme:
    "
    When the compilation has been successfull, you can find the Makinom.dll in 'bin/Release/' in the solutions folder.
    Copy the Makinom.dll into your Unity project to 'Assets/Makinom/DLL/' and replace the already existing one.
    "

I find all files but that one: http://myprintscreen.com/s/vmcz/e3c4268abf

Am I doing something wrong ?

Post edited by vv3 on
  • Seems like you're compiling it into the Framework.dll, this probably chaned due to switching the code project to Visual Studio.
    Check out the Properties of the Framework project in VS and make sure the Assembly Name is set to Makinom (found in the Application tab of the properties).
  • edited August 2018
    Makinom.Schematics.Nodes.ChangeVariablesNode.Execute (Makinom.Schematics.Schematic schematic)
    Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.ExecuteNextNode ()
    Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.Start ()
    Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.PlaySchematic (IExecutionStarter starter, UnityEngine.GameObject machineObject, UnityEngine.GameObject startingObject, Boolean isBlocking, MachineUpdateType updateType, Int32 inputID)
    Makinom.Behaviours.BaseMachineComponent.StartMachine (Makinom.Schematics.Schematic tmpSchematic, UnityEngine.GameObject startingObject)
    Makinom.Behaviours.BaseMachineComponent.StartMachine (UnityEngine.GameObject startingObject, Makinom.VariableHandler startVariables)
    Makinom.Behaviours.TaggedMachineComponent.StartTag (UnityEngine.GameObject startingObject, System.String[] tags, Needed needed, Makinom.VariableHandler sharedHandler, Makinom.MachineEnded notify)
    Makinom.UI.ClickHUD.Click (UnityEngine.GameObject user)
    Makinom.UI.TextInformationHUDElementSetting.CheckClick (UnityEngine.GameObject user, Vector2 position)
    Makinom.UI.InformationHUDElement.CheckClick (UnityEngine.GameObject user, Vector2 position)
    Makinom.BaseHUDContent.CheckClick (Vector2 position)
    Makinom.GUIHandler.CheckClick (Vector2 point)
    Makinom.GUIHandler.Tick ()
    Makinom.MakiCore.FireTick ()
    Makinom.MakinomHandler.Update ()

I get this error when clicking an information ui element which is supposed to start a series of tagged machines. Hopefully it is completely harmless. On an unrelated side note, I noticed that when I try to start tagged machines (with same tags) attached to an object none of them start at all. Is this intentional? Thanks! Unity version: 5.6f Makinom 1.11
    Edit: even if I use different tags none of them start. If this can be fixed by updating to the latest version, can it possibly cause some problems in my project? Thanks!
    Post edited by Morpheus on