edited June 2015 in Announcements
I've finally managed to finish up the new product:

What is Makinom?

Well, to put it short, it's a game development tool for Unity, based on ORK's event system on steroids :)
You can use Makinom to create any kind of game genre, like FPS, adventures, jump’n’runs, beat’em’ups, arcade shooters and many more.

You'll create your game mechanics with Schematics - node based, flow chart like blueprints for what you want to do. And you'll bring your game to life with Machines - components that play your schematics.

You can find more information about Makinom in general here.

Learn using Makinom

Browse the tutorials to learn using Makinom. I'd recommend going through some of the basic how-tos and doing one of the game tutorial series, e.g. the Space Shooter.

Get Makinom

Download the free test version of Makinom here.
Makinom is now available in the Unity Asset Store for $35 (30% off early access price)!
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • WOW! I didn't see that coming! Totally unexpected and so welcome!

Amongst tons of doubts, a simple question: is this totally unrelated from ORK or they could work together?

However, i am really happy and excited!

• edited June 2015
    Currently totally unrelated - but I'll be soon working on a plugin for both ORK and Makinom to connect them :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Amazing! I just had a look and i am already warped!

The temptation to start a new project is huge! :)

Ps: i noticed that 2D roguelike tutorial, you mean you will be able to set up such a system in Makinon-only?
  • Yes, although the 2D roguelike project doesn't have much RPG elements in it, you could also do that (or even replace ORK completely, if you put in enough work :D).
  • I'll have to try this demo Asap. I must admit it is hard to grasp what this new product is just by reading. Looks interesting though!
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • Sold! Just based off how good ORK is, It's an instabuy as soon as it's up on the asset store.
  • If you've worked with ORK's event system, the concept is quite easy to grasp:

Schematics = Events

Machines = Event Interactions

Only that you can do way more with Makinom - game controls, menus, cut-scenes, game mechanics/logic, etc.

@RunawayDev
    Yay :D
    From my experience that could be anything from 3 days to 5 weeks ...
  • An unexpected surprise... Will buy it, though I really don't care about shoot 'em ups. :)

Does this mean though that the further development of ORK will slow down to a crawl?
  • Shooters are just an easy way to demonstrate Makinom, since it's easy and fast to set them up without much background system work. You can do many other game genres, and I'll be adding more game tutorial series for different genres.

On the contrary, ORK's development speed will now increase again :)
    I've been busy with Makinom's development the last months, since it's now released, I'll have more time for ORK.
  • so this has a network feature in it i see
  • since it's now released, I'll have more time for ORK.
    To me, that's even greater news than Makinom. :D

Also, do you have a tentative date for the release of the Ork--Makinom plugin?
  • @canibecooltoo
    For now, you can use Network Machines to start schematics through Unity network events (e.g. player connecting to a server). I'll be extending network functionality in future updates.

@Gregorik
    Probably in 2-3 weeks :)
  • This is so exciting! Will try it as soon as I can get Unity 5 installed on some machine. :)
  • Yay! I'm also going to snag this once it's up on the Asset Store.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • edited June 2015
    The fact this can / will be functioning with Ork is great! I had planned a throw back ps2 game session tonight... I'll be trying makinom instead! :-)

GiL could you give an example of what might be done in Makinom and then used in Ork once the plugin is ready? Maybe something general
    Post edited by artainx on
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.