Hi,

I need a bit of more information, guidance with the ORK Framework, just started using it :).

I am making a 2D topdown game(or 2D isometric, havent yet decided on the graphical style).

I did a custom camera script and a input script for the player character. Works well and now I am moving towards other areas such as what happens when the players character hits an object.

I know that in the tutorials there are guides for lets say item collectors, or moving from one area to another etc. I have tested these out and works great in the ORK demo project.

The one thing which I am not sure of is what about collision detection for non interactive game objects, such as buildings, terrains like a mountain location on a 2D map?

Are there some tutorials which I can use? In the ORK demo when I added some NPCs based on the tutorials and the brown pants automatically stoped when the player hits the other NPC. Do I use some ORK Framework functionalities to performs similar things with NPCs, building, any objects which I might want to hit? Or do I use Unity functionalities and create some custom scripting where I might need such custom operation based on collision of objects?

I am both new to Unity and the framework, my questions might seem simple but I do not know the answer directly and if someone can give me a hint I know it is better to ask :). Much faster and better way to learn than googling :).

Thank you in advance.
  • When working with 2D, you need to use Rigidbody2D and 2D colliders (unless you're actually 3D in a 2D perspective, in that case you can still use regular rigidbody/collider components).

It's probably best to do some of the Unity tutorials on those topics first - ORK relies on Unity's functionality here :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Great :), Thank you for the tip. It helps when I understand how the underlying functionalities work. Thank you again, now back to the work bench :)