edited June 2015 in Announcements
Makinom 1.0.1 is here: release notes
Lots of new schematic nodes and settings :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While working on a new game tutorial series (2D Platformer), I've found some stuff that could be made even easier.
So, there's a new version coming this week - including:
  • Input Keys: Touch
    The new Consume Fingers option will consume the touches used for touch input keys.
    This will make them unavailable for other touch inputs, e.g. activating control HUDs.
  • Menu Settings, GUI Boxes: GUI Skins
    The new Fade Button Children option will optionally fade the alpha or color of a button's child objects (i.e. text, images) when using the new UI.
    Use this if you want the content of a button (e.g. choice) to also be faded when highlighting/disabling a choice.
  • Vector3 Values
    New Velocity selection available when using the Game Object Vector3 type.
    This uses the velocity of a game object's Rigidbody or Rigidbody2D component as Vector3 value.
    E.g. you can now use the Clamp Transform step to directly clamp/limit the velocity of a rigidbody to be between -10 and 10 on the X axis in a single node.
  • Schematic Nodes: Smooth Follow
    Following a game object's position can now be handled per axis.
    E.g. you can only follow a game object's X and Y position, ignoring Z.
  • Schematic Nodes: Change Playback Position, Audio Source Settings
    The new Scope option lets you select which Audio Source component will be used.
    Either a single or all components of the game object, child objects, parent objects or from the game object's root.
  • Schematic Nodes: Remove Component, Enable Component
    The new Scope option lets you select which component will be used.
    Either a single or all components of the game object, child objects, parent objects or from the game object's root.
  • Schematic Nodes: Emit Particles
    The new Scope option lets you select which particle component will start/stop emitting particles.
  • Schematic Nodes: Collider Expand, Collider Change Trigger
    The new Scope option lets you select which collider component will be used.
  • Schematic Nodes: Object Blink Visible
    The new Scope option lets you select which renderer components will be used for blinking.
  • Schematic Nodes: Renderer Nodes
    The Use All option has been replaced by the new Scope option in many renderer nodes.
    Either uses a single or all renderers of the game object, child objects, parent objects or from the game object's root.
  • Schematic Nodes: Raycast
    You can now optionally use All game objects hit by the raycast instead of the first.
    I.e. using the hit game objects will add all hit game objects to the found/global objects, storing variables will add them to variable lists.
  • Schematic Nodes: Shapecast
    The new Shapecast node will cast a shape into the scene - similar to the raycast, just using a shape.
    Capsule and sphere use Collider components. Box and circle will use Collider2D components.
  • Schematic Nodes: Check Shape
    The new Check Shape node will check if any collider is within a shape in world space.
    Except for the capsule shape, all other shapes can also use the found colliders and add them to found/global objects or set them as selected object.
    Capsule and sphere use Collider components. Box, circle and point will use Collider2D components.
  • Schematic Nodes: Collider Intersect Ray, Collider Intersect Bounds
  • Schematic Nodes: Ignore Collision
    The new Ignore Collision node will enable or disable if collisions between 2 colliders are ignored.
  • Schematic Nodes: Ignore Layer Collision
    The new Ignore Layer Collision node will enable or disable if collisions between any colliders on 2 layers are ignored.
  • Schematic Nodes: Check Ignore Layer Collision
    Checks if collisions between colliders on 2 layers are ignored.
    Optionally stores if the collisions are ignored into a bool variable.
  • Trigger Machines, Scene Changers
    The new Start By Collision and Start By Trigger optoins allow trigger machines to enable/disable if they'll be started by colliders (i.e. Is Trigger disabled) or triggers (i.e. colliders with Is Trigger enabled).
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wonderful!
    When will this masterpiece be available on the Asset Store? :)
  • Hopefully soon, but getting new products on the Asset Store usually takes them at least 1-2 weeks. If everything is accepted right away, if there's something not to there liking it could be another 1-2 weeks ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Uff... Okey. Let's just hope your first build it is fine. ^^
    From another point of view, the more time it needs the better, as i will surely be tempted to try something on Makinom instead of focusing on my current ORK Project. :D
  • Cannot wait for this to be in the asset store.
  • Another round of cool new stuff:
    • Schematic Nodes: Raycast
      You can now optionally use All game objects hit by the raycast instead of the first.
      I.e. using the hit game objects will add all hit game objects to the found/global objects, storing variables will add them to variable lists.
    • Schematic Nodes: Shapecast
      The new Shapecast node will cast a shape into the scene - similar to the raycast, just using a shape.
      Capsule and sphere use Collider components. Box and circle will use Collider2D components.
    • Schematic Nodes: Check Shape
      The new Check Shape node will check if any collider is within a shape in world space.
      Except for the capsule shape, all other shapes can also use the found colliders and add them to found/global objects or set them as selected object.
      Capsule and sphere use Collider components. Box, circle and point will use Collider2D components.
    • Schematic Nodes: Collider Intersect Ray, Collider Intersect Bounds
    • Schematic Nodes: Ignore Collision
      The new Ignore Collision node will enable or disable if collisions between 2 colliders are ignored.
    • Schematic Nodes: Ignore Layer Collision
      The new Ignore Layer Collision node will enable or disable if collisions between any colliders on 2 layers are ignored.
    • Schematic Nodes: Check Ignore Layer Collision
      Checks if collisions between colliders on 2 layers are ignored.
      Optionally stores if the collisions are ignored into a bool variable.
    • Trigger Machines, Scene Changers
      The new Start By Collision and Start By Trigger optoins allow trigger machines to enable/disable if they'll be started by colliders (i.e. Is Trigger disabled) or triggers (i.e. colliders with Is Trigger enabled).
  • Wow Awesome! i hope in the asset store soon.
  • Makinom 1.0.1 is here: release notes
    Lots of new schematic nodes and settings :)
  • Looking great! :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames