edited February 2014 in ORK Support
Hi! I am not able to find the solution for this trouble:

I've completed the tutorial for the battle system but there are always 2 damage notifications...

I've already read this part:

"In case you’re wondering why sometimes there are two damage notifications coming from a combatant at the same time – that’s because the other combatant attacked and also countered the attack of the combatant. But we don’t see details yet, because we’re still missing battle events to animate the actions."

But I don't know what to do, any help would be appreciated. Thanks for this awesome toy!
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited February 2014
    These things will be sorted out in the following tutorials, when the battle gets animated :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    I've completed the whole series but I can't find the right settings for this... and I don't know what I am doing wrong, can you help me please?
    Post edited by xIvan95 on
  • Are your battles animated? If not, than you've forgot to set up the battle events or add them to the items/abilities.

If yes - do the damage notifications display the same damage or different damages? If different damages, you may have two Calculate steps in your events - or enabled Calculation Needed in the event's settings when not needed.

Other than that I'd need more info or your project to tell what's going on :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi! thanks for your amazing support, you are so kind.

I am having the same trouble and also I'm having another one.

The player can attack an enemy, but the enemy's HP won't subtract, so it's impossible to kill him, I have tested with some set ups for the enemy's stats and atributtes but it doesn't work : /

I am uploading some pictures to show the exact problems.

I'll edit the post when the upload finishes, but maybe we could solve this without any screenshot ^^ thanks!

Ivan.
  • Well, this really depends on the setup of your abilities and the battle events they use ... and other things.

If you can send me your ORK project asset (found in Assets/ORK Framework/ORKProject.asset) and all your event files I'll be able to figure out what's going on. You can send them to contact@orkframework.com.
  • edited February 2014
    Thanks gamingislove but I don' think that's the problem since I have been 100% following the ORK tutorials and I don't have any custom spell/item/event at the moment. (I'm beginner).

edit: e-mail sent! :D
    Post edited by xIvan95 on
  • edited February 2014
    Still, I'd need your ORK project asset and the event assets to take a look on what's going on :)

Edit: After looking at the project:

In your attack abilities, you've added two status value changes to the Target Changes and none to the Target Critical Changes. I guess the 2nd value change should be on the critical changes.
    This setup results in normal hits doing damage twice at the same time (and displaying two notifications) and critical hits doing no damage at all (displaying nothing). In my tests, the enemy did only critical hits and by that no damage at all :)
  • Thanks for that! :D I really appreciate that, but I'm having the same trouble with the player.

I mean, the enemy can attack the player and it causes damage, but whenever the player attacks, the enemy always gets no damage, I've tried playing with levels, items, equipment, creating another enemy, but I can't find the exact mistake. I hope you can answer me quick because I'm exited about the project and with this fixed, soon you'll se the beta of my game! :D

Thank you very very much!

Edit: e-mail with project sent ^^
  • Thanks for that! :D I really appreciate that, but I'm having the same trouble with the player.

I mean, the enemy can attack the player and it causes damage, but whenever the player attacks, the enemy always gets no damage, I've tried playing with levels, items, equipment, creating another enemy, but I can't find the exact mistake. I hope you can answer me quick because I'm exited about the project and with this fixed, soon you'll se the beta of my game! :D

Thank you very very much!

Edit: e-mail with project sent ^^
  • edited February 2014
    That's because you set your player's Defence Attributes to values like 0 and 1 ...

With attributes it's like this:
    Attack Attributes are assigned to attacks, but use the attribute values of the target.
    Defence Attributes are assigned to combatants, but use the attribute value of the attacker.
    The value of the attributes is in percent, so 100 means 100 % - which means that an attack will do 100 % of it's damage. If you're using a Fire spell on a combatant with a Fire attribute value of 50, the spell will only do half of the damage. Negative values mean the combatant will get healed by attacks.

Now, your player's defence attributes are mostly 0 and some 1 ... so your player will do 0 % or 1 % damage, depending on the attributes of the target :)

Edit:
    You can find more details on this topic in this how-to.