Simply question...

I can’t found [Use Item] in Event Systems steps.
How to use Item from field event system?

I'm making restaurant shop.
After having bought food item by a restaurant event, I want to dothat I use the item in this event which I bought before leaving the shop (= eat food in restaurant).
  • It's pretty simple: you can't do that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • If the item is it just used and consumed in event, why don't you simply use variables? ^^

Something like:
    Enter restaurant - event start - dialogue... - player has enough gold? - wanna buy food? - if yes, add foodCount +1 - wanna consume food? - foodCount > 0 then foodCount -1 - Exit the restaurant...

Maybe i didn't understand your request in particular but i suppose there are workarounds for that. :)
  • I'm guessing food does something particular - like Crappy Cupcake cures you for 50 HP whereas Overpriced Cupcake cures you for 300? You could set it up so that your food uses particular abilities (like hidden ones from the player just made for this purpose) and then call those abilities in the event on the character.

Might be a little neater than having to hard code in all the different possibilities in the event. Otherwise you can set up a ginormous Check chain to see what the player bought, and then do some Change Status things to him. You' have to make the "shop" out of a choice dialogue doing that, rather than as a normal Shop. At least, I don't think there's a way to grab what was purchased otherwise.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • edited June 2015
    Thank you very much for your advice.

Because I am weak in English, I try it while translating advice slowly and carefully!
    and Sub Types is very usefull! cool ORK 2.5!

It is the following restaurants that I want to do like this.
    (please skip time to 2:23..)

Numbers of restaurants menu will increase steadily in future.
    The one that I was able to manage in [ItemMenu] will be convenient in future than I hardcode it in Event System.

What I wondered at is why there are not [use item] and the [use ability] step that I seem to use a lot by an event system.
    Are there any problems that ORK cannot add [use item] step to?
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • Those steps are not available in the event system because using them can cause problems with the battle order.

Also, based on the video, using items isn't really what you need here (and goes way overboard). All you need to do is do the animation you like in the shop event and do status changes using the Status Steps (e.g. change status value, change status effect, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2015
    > Those steps are not available in the event system because using them can cause problems with the battle order.
    I see..

Answer; and thank you GIL.

I thought in various ways, and I put a script and an event together and expressed Eat Restaurant after all!
    I pick you up in having moved that an ideal is near as Tips!

-movie

-Event Screen Shot...
    http://i.imgur.com/uAucYi7.png

-Script

public bool hasEatRestaurantsItems(){
    Debug.Log ("eat called");

var ItemsList = PlayerCombatant.combatant.Inventory.GetUseableItemsByType (6, UseableIn.Field);

if (ItemsList.Count != 0)
    return true;
    else
    return false;
    }

public void EatRestaurants(){
    var ItemsList = PlayerCombatant.combatant.Inventory.GetUseableItemsByType (6, UseableIn.Field);
    ItemsList[0].AutoUse (PlayerCombatant.combatant);
    }
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • Meanwhile, there have been new steps added to try to call battle actions in game events. It depends on the current state of the game, battle system and combatant if they're really used or not.