edited February 2014 in ORK Support
Hi there.

What would be the best way to create passive abilities that trigger on:

1. Every attack
2. Every turn

These abilitites are triggered based on luck.
I have tried a few ways but without success. I would really appreciate if you could give me some insights.

Thanks.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Passive abilities currently can't trigger - they're passive and will always be there and add their status bonuses to the combatant.

If you can tell me more on what you want to achieve I might be able to help you :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • How exactly DO you make passive abilities period?
  • Set Useable In to None.
    This makes an ability passive (because it's not useable) and allows adding status bonuses to the combatant :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    Hi there.

Let me detail two abilities I have been trying to implement.

1. Leech effects: whenever you attack you heal for x% of the damage dealt.
    2. Defend others: a specific character has x% chance (based on character´s luck) of stepping on the way of an incoming attack targeting an ally .

I hope there is a way to create those!
    Thanks

Raul
    Post edited by raul on
  • Currently not - while you can set up attacks to consume some of the damage, you can't add this through effects.
    Defending others is currently also not possible ...

But they seem like good ideas - I'll put them on my to-do list for one of the next updates :)
  • I agree. Those are great ideas.
  • Hey guys. Just an idea.

I think that the leech effect would be possible if we could call another ability (specifying both user and target of course) from a battle event.

Then it would be a matter of changing the passive ability into a status effect and checking for it on the battle event. In case he has this status we can call the ability to calculate the leech passive.
  • That's an interesting idea - will look into that :)
  • Nice thinking, raul. =) I had a passive ability similar to your leech idea planned where the target would regenerate part of the damage. Didn't know how I would implement, but you've given me food for thought for when I get to that down the road.
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin