I am wondering if it is possible to be able to select characters and have a different game scene to start the player in depending on the class of the player selected.

I wish to have several characters each having a different class and starting in a different scene. Eg, Townie character starting in a town scene, or if a woodsman character is selected have it start in a forest scene. Maybe the start scene could be a variable that can be read depending on character class. Wondering if anyone has done this or any examples I could work from.
Greed is not sustainable without elements of human suffering.
  • edited June 2015
    Load the different scene as the last node in the event sequence for each player type.

You can use Teleport To as the last node. And then you'd just choose a different teleport to destination for your different classes.

That's how I do it to load the next scene after class selection even though I don't spawn the player in different scenes.

I think yours is a nice touch.

If this isn't clear, come back.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Use a simple (or empty) start scene where the player selects the character (e.g. using a choice dialogue) and add the combatant + load the scene depending on that choice. Use a Load Scene step to load whatever scene you want.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok Ill give it a go
    Greed is not sustainable without elements of human suffering.