Just wondering why it's not working. I created a simple schematic that will show a dialogue. In Base/Control -> Global Machine, I put in my schematic and put the type to Key with the O key. Upon play, pressing O does nothing at all.
  • edited June 2015
    Working fine here - can you give me more details on your global machine's settings (e.g. screenshot) and the schematic?
    Have you tried playing the schematic with a machine component?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nope, I haven't tried it with a machine component yet, but the machine settings are single execution type, and Update is set to Update. The Machine type is set to Key with a key called of O. The game states and variables are left blank. And the schematic is really simple. Just one show dialogue node.
    If this is not enough info and screenshots are better, I'll send them, but a little question, how do I attach screenshots here XD? I tried pressing the Image Icon but it just told me to enter the image url, which I only have the images in my desktop.
  • Nah, that's enough info. Well, what about the input key settings?
    Most likely the input key isn't recognized :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The input key setting is just Input Origin = Key Code, Invert Axis disabled, Positive key O, negative is blank, Input Handling is Down with a timeout of 0 =)
    I even tried just switching the global machine called Key to Horizontal, since I know that key works because I can move my character around in game, but still nothing happen.
  • Ok, seems like enabling Start Game in the game starter (setting the game to running) has something to do with it. When disabled, it's working fine.

WIll look into it and fix it in the next update :)
  • Thanks GiL! Double thumbs up to you.