Hi,

I have this weird situation which I do not understand at the moment. I have defined two game variables which I want to use in my formulas but I can not seem to get the values from the game variables. I've different options and methods but no luck.

What have I done wrong?

So I define the variables in Game -> Game Settings -> Initial Game Variables.

What I am trying to do is to have certain global value which I need in my formulas for some calculations. Not sure if this is the right place to define such values.

Well my problem is when I try to test the formula. According to the info text for the initial game variables it says something in the line of being loaded when the game is. Does this mean that I can not use these game variables to during formula testing?
  • PS: Is there a way to test formulas during game play? to see that happens during a certain event in the game? Kind of like debuging possibility?
  • edited July 2015
    No, formula testing doesn't have any global or object variables (same goes for the position stuff). It's only for quick and dirty tests in the editor, so it's a bit limited.

To test it in the game, you could e.g. use the Formula To Variable step and see the variable's value in the inspector of the _ORK game object in your scene.

Edit: Maybe you can also test the formula in the editor during a running game, it should have the variables initialized in that case :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2015
    OK, great info, thank you for the help, it help, once again :).
    Post edited by lionadi on