edited July 2015 in ORK Support
Hi, guys.
I must be doing wrong something here, maybe you can easily spot what it is?
I added the game starter to a menu scene, an Interaction Controller to my first person camera (which is being created inside the running scene) and an Event Interaction with a working script to good old NPC_green. Nonetheless, if I move the Interaction Controller into the Event Interaction and press Return, nothing happens. Events started directly are working just fine.
The colliders are moving inside each other, the number of interactions is actually going to 1 inside of the event. But Return does just nothing. Start Type is set to "Interact".
What might I be missing?
Ork 2.5.2, Unity 5.1.1f1

Thanks so much,
Tassilo
Post edited by Tassilo on
  • Hello. ^^
    Both box colliders are 3D or 2D?
    Is the Interaction start type (Interaction, trigger, collision) correct?
    Are colliders getting in touch with correct physic? Let me explain: i had problems when using capsule (player) + box colliders (events NPC) as the capsule, when was colliding in one side without intersections on vertex, the interaction wasn't registered...
    There could be various causes but check these at first. :)
  • edited July 2015
    Okay, this has been helping me indeed: I changed the Start Type from Interaction to Key Press and now, with "Accept" as key, it worked by pressing Return. What could make "Interaction" not work on my setup?
    Thanks!
    Post edited by Tassilo on
  • If you use the Key Press start type, the events will start whenever the key is pressed, not just within the interaction controller.

Is the interaction controller a part of the player's game object (spawned through ORK)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2015
    My interaction controller is part of my capsule for first person player, not on the camera. And It's not only added to the prefab for my Player, I add it as a prefab in the ORK Framework, Game Controls, Player Component, Interaction Controller.

Are you sure your Interaction Controller fits snugly around your Player?

You have an Interact HUD?
    Post edited by Catacomber on