edited July 2015 in ORK Support
Hi Guys, Newbie again.

I am playing mostly with this system now as has most of what I want but having a hard time figuring out how to get character to walk / run.... I wish to use the standard "Left Shift" to initiate the run animation and of course use the space key for jump.

I have everything else working quite nicely.... Using mecanim... Is there something I need to do, or is it a matter of just adding a events to the player. If so, I do not see a node for setting player speed.

Any info gratefully accepted.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Greed is not sustainable without elements of human suffering.
  • The built-in Button player control (Base/Control > Game Controls can optionally use sprint and jump, where you can use whatever Input Key you want.
    Set your player combatant's run speed to a low value for walking and the sprint speed to a running speed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2015
    Yes, just cant find where to set the player velocity. I set a key "LeftShift" for the run... while holding but cant find where to set the speed. I have set speed on the combatant at walk 2 run 4 sprint 8 but not seeing where the speed relates to the input keys.

Have controller set to use the mouse and set the "Use combatant speed". But cant see where to set, speed. Do I add the jump and run to the default control map? I see a speed option there?
    Post edited by p4martin on
  • go tot he combatant an scroll all the way down you will see it
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • edited July 2015
    Yes, I found the speed settings for Idle walk run sprint... which I have set to 2 4 8 respectively, need to know where I set the keys for this as the default does not have a run or jump key.... where do I set this up... Wondering if using mouse for movement has changed things.

I have set up the input keys "Left Shift" for run, and space for jump, but not seeing where these keys associate to the animation itself.

Do I have to add a control key to the default control map? If so, the settings do offer a speed option under the new input setting, but also asks for action information and movement is not there only action, shortcut or auto attack, which is not movement.

Not a dummy here just not seeing where this can be set. Maybe Ill just use my own controller as this should be pretty straight forward... a good tutorial on the controls would be awesome.

Could someone post some screen shots of the settings for creating the keys and applying them to the Run and Jump animations. It would be muchly appreciated.
    Post edited by p4martin on
  • Like I said in the first post: Base/Control > Game Settings in the Player Control settings when using Button control type. Enable the Use Sprint setting, select the key and set the sprint factor (e.g. 2 would double the sprint speed).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry, I did find that, but how to set up when using mouse for control?
  • Not available for mouse control - the built-in controls are only to get you started, if you need something else, you'll have to use custom controls.
  • Ok, cool thanx man... sorry to be a bug... should have explained a little better... Cheers